Halo and Zelda:OOT (1 Viewer)

r0wlzii

I think Bone is going to extreme lengths to protect his/her/its opinion. Even goes as far as saying that it wasnt an opinion!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha so I'm not the only one who has watched the bonus disc documentary eh?

Halo 2 has recoil for certain weapons but not others. I think one thing we should remember about Halo 1 is that it was immensely rushed to coordinate game and console release, so there were a lot of loose ends.

Anyway, I don't like the prospect of attacking individuals over their views. It's far more reasonable, polite and effective to argue points - especially considering that once you attack a person nothing said afterwards is truly valid, it's all about getting your own.

grimreaper

HSC
BreaKing said:
heh.... arguing over a computer game.... how cute :)
Is it really that much different from arguing about anything else? A movie maybe, or music? I dont see the difference...

Bone577

HSC
N/A
r0wlzii said:
I think Bone is going to extreme lengths to protect his/her/its opinion. Even goes as far as saying that it wasnt an opinion!
I was illustrating that there are subjective elements along with things that aren't up to opinion. Genre is not up to opinion, what you think makes up a genre is though (to an extent).

As for Halo lacking gun impact, this is something very important to me, killing stuff must be satisfying. In some cases it was, but in many cases it wasn't. The plasma weapons were incredible unsatisfying, while the plasma grenade was quite nice, as was the Assault Rifle despite it being a tad underpowered compared to the plasma weapons.

As for favourite game, that is a tough one. I have played Diablo2:LoD more than any other game by far. In fact I forced myself to quit it, concluding that the game was far worse than crack cocaine. But best is a different matter.

ICO would have to be the best, it is simply odd, groundbreaking, minimalistic and unique, even if it isn't the most fun (in fact I find it kinda painful to play).

MGS for one off thrills, though I find this type of gameplay is quite dull now, and the storyline quite juvenile and unappealing. Though back in the day of it's realese these were not issues.

Pro Evolution Soccer series is the greatest sports game, barring perhaps managerial football (soccer) games.

Gran Turismo takes console racing, PC racing is a different thing entirely.

Final Fantasy 7 also deserves mention, it is utterly nostalgia invoking to play it these days, I am very fond of it.

The most fun I have had multi-player goes to Smash Brothers and Starcraft:BW even if they may not be the best they are among my favourites.

Ingsoc

zelda: oot

is one of the best crafted all round game ever... always compellin and neva a dull moment... cept maybe tat elusive key in the water temple

equiski

HSC
Don't be retarded, Halo and Zelda are completely different games. You know, the whole Apples and Oranges deal.

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
In my humble opinion, I beleave alot of games today are largely over-rated.

I mean Halo 2 got 10/10? wtf!?! I was so bored from the story line bearly getting me pumped-up enough to finish the game for at least a month! I loved the first (I'll have to agree with the levels being repeated), but the second just drizzled something shocking. And what was the go with the end?
[SPOIL]
It gets you all ready for at least one last level, and then up come the credits?? It would have been alright (though anoying) if it finished with a twist, but to just finish for no reaseon 8/9 th's into the game?
[\SPOIL]

I beleave the critics are afraid of having their own opinion, conforming to every other critics view so as to not be out-of-line with the rest, but all a game needs is one over-rated review (probably from the developers themself) and the rest will just follow mindlessly like puppets!

Oy - if only McGuyver was still around, hel'd save us!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
phizz said:
In my humble opinion, I beleave alot of games today are largely over-rated.

I mean Halo 2 got 10/10? wtf!?! I was so bored from the story line bearly getting me pumped-up enough to finish the game for at least a month! I loved the first (I'll have to agree with the levels being repeated), but the second just drizzled something shocking. And what was the go with the end?
[SPOIL]
It gets you all ready for at least one last level, and then up come the credits?? It would have been alright (though anoying) if it finished with a twist, but to just finish for no reaseon 8/9 th's into the game?
[\SPOIL]

I beleave the critics are afraid of having their own opinion, conforming to every other critics view so as to not be out-of-line with the rest, but all a game needs is one over-rated review (probably from the developers themself) and the rest will just follow mindlessly like puppets!

Oy - if only McGuyver was still around, hel'd save us!

i agree with you on that. i have Halo2 (i rented Halo) and i just can't seem to stop comparing it to Unreal2. Great Graphics, but the layout just seems to fail at times. Im pretty lost with the plot and although much is probably given in the first game and the books, they should at least make it easier to understand for someone who has got the 2nd game itself. Its strange, because im sure if it was a PC game then it would not have recieved that much attention.

I don't hate the game, but i am not exactly addicted to it like other games. IMO it is over-hyped, but to be fair i havent completed it yet, so it might get better. I just wish the Xbox had a mouse as i am shocking with fps on console :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Bone577 said:
No realy, Halo 1, in my opinion, it sucked. Dead serious. Maybe it is the same issue i had with Metal Gear Solid 2 (ie something I know is a good game but I couldn't get into) but in MGS2, at least I could tell why it was a good game, in Halo, it escapes me.
MGS2 was a very strange game for me. Because i brought it. half-finished it and didnt quite like it.. about 12 months later i started it all over again and absolutely loved it... :/

I have to disagree with you with Ocarina. Lots of people classify it as an adventure and not an rpg, i am probably more for the former, but whatever it is, it was and still is a masterpiece.

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
Sif it isn't Majora's mask over Ocarina of Time. OOT was just way too easy. Majora's mask was harder in almost every way, puzzles, enemies etc. Didn't really like Wind Waker. Back to the whole "easy as hell" gameplay. Fun though.

All I have to say about both Halo's is that they suck ass. Metroid Prime 1 & 2 all the way is what I say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)