Hamlet essay help (1 Viewer)

F0rg0tt3n

HSC
N/A
hey i have a problem writing my essay can anyone help me out?

My prompt was to agree or dissagree to Coleridge's commentary on Hamlet.
I must use specific references to the text, and avoid plot summary.

Shakespeare wish to impress upon us the truth that action is the cheif end of existance--that no faculties of intellect, however brilliant, can be considered valuable, or indeed otherwise than as misfortunes, if they withdraw us from or render us repugnant to action, and lead us to think and think of dioing, untill the time has elapsed when we can do anything effectually. In enforcing this moral truth, shakespeare has shown us the fullness and force of his power: all that is amiable and excellent in nature is combined in hamlet, with the exception of one quality. he is a man living in meditation, called upon to act by every motive human and divine, but the great object of his life is defeated by contiuanlly resolving to do, yet doing nothing to resolve.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
F0rg0tt3n said:
hey i have a problem writing my essay can anyone help me out?

My prompt was to agree or dissagree to Coleridge's commentary on Hamlet.
I must use specific references to the text, and avoid plot summary.

Shakespeare wish to impress upon us the truth that action is the cheif end of existance--that no faculties of intellect, however brilliant, can be considered valuable, or indeed otherwise than as misfortunes, if they withdraw us from or render us repugnant to action, and lead us to think and think of dioing, untill the time has elapsed when we can do anything effectually. In enforcing this moral truth, shakespeare has shown us the fullness and force of his power: all that is amiable and excellent in nature is combined in hamlet, with the exception of one quality. he is a man living in meditation, called upon to act by every motive human and divine, but the great object of his life is defeated by contiuanlly resolving to do, yet doing nothing to resolve.
WHY OH WHY?:confused:

The HSC examiners wouldn't give you such a complex question to try and answer and also the module is on the TRANSFORMATION OF TEXTS, which would incorporates Tom Stoppard's Rosencranzt and Guildenstern - adapatations and alterations according to context... So personally I don't think it would benefit you too much in trying to answer this question...

But nonetheless, I'd be inclined to agree with his statement - it's talking about Hamlet's hamartia [procrastination and inaction...- I think] - I'm too tired to deconstruct and analyse your passage, atm.:eek:

Hope this helps.
:):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)