Handed in Project (1 Viewer)

Vuki

HSC
Yeah but 5 people beat me, so I need to ace the trials to get a good rank.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
im handing mine in first day back this term - i so havent done much on my essay. wrote a draft, handed it in then basically just fixed up some grammer stuff and cut it down a little. im just 2 lazy i guess! yeah, i think the essay will go alright - its the rest of the crappy stuff thats gonna pull me down. i keep havin 2 remind myself that the source analysis and the synopsis and stuff is gonna be marked 2...sad, isnt it?

Mike iE

HSC
Handed it in today and im stoked to have that load off my back. My teachers a harsh marker, so im not expecting a very high mark

Plebeian

Handed mine in Tuesday. It was more of an anti-climax than a real relief though, because now so much work has just come to an end.

HUNT

soooooo, screwed......... i'm really not going to do well, i can feel it..................and i only have 10 units.........*sniffles.....my essay will be okay but my synopsis and process log, i really don't want to think about.....

oh, and congrats to the people who did well and goodluck to those that don't have their marks yet, ..............you'll do better than me

Last edited:

Demandred

HSC
I handed mines in on Friday, I should be alright. The thing that bothers me now are the trial exam and the HSC exam, trial exam is only worth 20%, but I think i might get killed in the HSC one.

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
I handed in mine today.. I'm the girl in my class who has changed topics 3 times, only got a question on Friday night and wrote the essay before the question! (Whoops)
Then again, I worked my ass off the past few days (only one small mental breakdown) and I'm totally stoked with what I handed in.
But, did anyone else feel a sense of well, end, when they handed theirs in? I mean I'm doing 3 practicals (4u Eng, Drama reviews and this) and this was the first one off the ranks to be finished..and it was kind of definitive. Scarily so, I thought.
I'm relieved, but I'm not..agh anyone get what I mean?

Mine was on Hannibal of Carthage, ur more than welcome to have a looksee but no copying here..haha as if u would want to!

Paroissien

HSC
I finish my first draft a few hours ago and even that was quite a sense of relief, although that relief will be shattered if my teacher craps on my essay. It's not due until halfway through next week though, so there is still time as I've been telling myself for the last few months.

Acid

HSC
Sucks how other people have so much time to do their projects...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Unless, you worked on your project everyday non stop, the time difference is not really such a big deal.

i got mine back today. i got 39.5/40 that suck! i so deserved 40. i am appealing for a higher mark. i cant belive the teachers had the nerves to give me 39.5, what does she think i am stupid or something?!?! like hello .. so totatlly not fair

Paroissien

HSC
What's half a mark anyway? And maybe she is one of those teachers that never gives full marks

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
god, we havent got ours back yet, but id be so happy if i got 39.5/40! my project was sooo bad...unless every1 else got 40/40 - then that would suck. i h8 ppl who dont give full marks 'coz there's always something more u could have written'. wow, full marks 2 them 4 stating the obvious.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
jessica_layden said:
i got mine back today. i got 39.5/40 that suck! i so deserved 40. i am appealing for a higher mark. i cant belive the teachers had the nerves to give me 39.5, what does she think i am stupid or something?!?! like hello .. so totatlly not fair
Take one step back and listen to yourself.

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
jessica_layden you're joking right? You're actually appealing for 1/2 mark? That takes guts I'll give you that. But before you get all worried and upset, shouldn't you be asking yourself if you achieved "perfection"-because 40/40 carries that connotation. I mean was there literally NOTHING that could have been changed? I'm ranked first in ancient and I've only ever gotten one full mark assessment and it was a 3part question, not an essay. I honestly believe that full marks are unattainable.
I'm interested to know though, if you win the appeal and if you believe your work was perfect.

Let us all know! Also, post ur essay for us to have a look at!

jessica_layden said:

hey this jess layden. i have been on holidays and my sister has taken over my account ( this is not a joke, its the truth!)
anyway i have finsished the hsc

but my sister lisa, did hist ext this year and the above ^^ was her posting!!
from what i have heard ( i did some searches and looked at rep comments) she has been posting crap up all over the forums while i have been holidaying in europe ( contiki tour .. really good!!!) so yeah i may have to create a new account now lol everyone thinks i am a loser and is sending insults my way

In relation to my sister Lisa's, extension hist story, yeah its true she got 39.5/40 and yes she wants to apeal! i asked her whether she thinks she has achieved perfection and this is what she said: ( btw these are her words but i am typing so they are not exact or anything! lol

She thinks that in a way her assigment was perfect. She says she wouldnt have handed it in if she didnt honestly believe it was perfect.

hey its me lisa if i thought i would gets 20/40 .. would i hand in?? no .. it would be stupid to hand in a major work with flaws! .. i got my teachers help and got frienz to go through it .. nothing illegal or anything until it reached a stage that i thought was the best thata i could do and was perfect ( im not saying i was perfect or anything but u know) also the offical BOS website says u dont haveta be perfect. it sasy it recognises that hist. ext. is a hard sub and thata sutdents dont have to be perfect and uni level but high school level. 40/40 is possible and shoulkd be achived

anyway .. wanna know what happened? at our school if u have an appeal u have 2 try solve with class teacher, then head teacher, deputy than who knows
i went to class teacher and she got ht in staright away and i told them what i thought. in the end they said they agree with the justification of the request but no the nature of it. im like what the ? so they said that they would give me half of what i request .. i requested an extra 1/2/ mark ( some rule about stepping half way if the case has equal amounts of thing 4 and against)

so anyways then technically i have got like 39.75/40

but they dont include quarter mark thingies so it rounds to 40/40 lol

so i am like yeah i got 40/40 and they are like NOOOOO you got 39.75 and it rounds to 40 and im like so i got 40 and there like no .. but i didnt bother to argue i mean in the end i get the marks! even though i cant technically tell people i got full marks coz i got 39.75/40 .cmon since when do teachers mark 2 too decimal points?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)