Handwriting - Is mine legible/acceptable for exams? (1 Viewer)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
haha I wish. I read the whole book once because I thought it was good preparation smfh. (For reference, it is NOT! Memorising and adapting a very solid essay with good quotes is the way to go. With the help of my private english tutor, I ended up getting 89 in adv english)
Ouch, the unlucky 89. Damn if they gave you 90, you could have reached 99 ATAR

Auzendriel

HSC
I tutor and so mark different kinds of handwriting which can be messy sometimes and I've got to say although it looks nice it is for sure hard to read. What makes it hard to read is not that it is tilted a bit but because your letters are so close together and so end up almost overlapping. That makes it hard to work out what each letter is. You could continue writing in that style but I would say to space your letters more as in just write a bit bigger for each word and it will be easy to read then
Thanks mate. Will keep that in mind.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
I would like to provide an update. This is with a TWSBI 580ALR, fine nib, on oxford optik paper:

View attachment 30155
View attachment 30154
I would love to have that handwriting, but my hand doesn't wanna cooperate with me and my handwriting just looks morse code instead, ngl, looks like you lost the deceleration of independence and just rewrote it in the same font.

YonOra

HSC
I would like to provide an update. This is with a TWSBI 580ALR, fine nib, on oxford optik paper:

View attachment 30155
View attachment 30154
There's no doubt it's an amazing font of handwriting - but it's the kind of handwriting that's good for birthday cards. I find it difficult to continuously read, though i'm no teacher that would have the eyes for it. Over the years, I've just found that sweet spot between speed and legibility and never really cared too much about the neatness - as long as eyes can flow across the sentence without questioning the words its chill.

Auzendriel

HSC
There's no doubt it's an amazing font of handwriting - but it's the kind of handwriting that's good for birthday cards. I find it difficult to continuously read, though i'm no teacher that would have the eyes for it.
That's only because it's slanted cursive, anyone who writes in cursive or are familiar with it would have no problems with it. Back when I was in primary, we were actually taught cursive, but according to many of my friends, they were not taught it so that likely explains people being unable to read it. As years go on, schools tend to shift further and further away from penmanship with the use of technology. As I've said before, it's only people my age who has trouble reading it, no complaints from teachers.

Over the years, I've just found that sweet spot between speed and legibility and never really cared too much about the neatness - as long as eyes can flow across the sentence without questioning the words its chill.
That's where I am then. It's legible for most of my friends and all the teachers I've had. I've been to 3 different high schools and it's been perfectly fine.

I love your handwriting, it’s definitely easier to read, but markers may not want to spend much time trying to read it, as they’re paid v low. But still it a a great improvement!!
Basically same general handwriting form but just different pens, the previous were all italic nibs so the line variation made it difficult for some to read. I never really set the intention of improving my handwriting because I am pretty much able to change it whenever I want. I can write in print but I mostly refuse to because it's slow and boring (though I do it sometimes whilst copying excerpts and poems as the ink sheen looks nice). I am definitely not worried about markers being unable to read this. They're markers, and this is literally just cursive.

Last edited:

YonOra

HSC
That's where I am then. It's legible for most of my friends and all the teachers I've had. I've been to 3 different high schools and it's been perfectly fine.
Thats good. As i said, I'm not teacher with an 'experienced' eye. Although i do write in cursive, and a lot of my friends do, and I suppose what differentiates us would be the density of your letters. Some of your words are too compact for my eyes, but as i said if you're in a position where everyone you know, and most importantly your teacher, can read your handwriting, you're sweet man.

Auzendriel

HSC
Hefty pen. I like a bic with a rubber taped to the top for weight.
thumb_imagine-writing-with-ball-this-post-was-made-bys-fountain-37146852.png

All jokes aside, the pen is around 27 grams, and since I use it with the cap unposted, it's 17 grams, not heavy at all. Since it's a fountain pen I don't need to put pressure.

Bics are ballpoints and I prefer rollerballs over that.

YonOra

HSC
Yeah nah its because i'm not gonna stake $100 for a single

Auzendriel

HSC
Yeah nah its because i'm not gonna stake $100 for a single
lmaoo yea true. I have a huge fountain pen problem. This was $89, my cheapest and first was a Parker Jotter which was $30, and the other two were $45 and $75. They're just fun to have and ink sheen is cool.

YonOra

HSC
Yeah you don't need a lot to succeed in the HSC, let alone a pen worth more than 20c each.

Auzendriel

HSC
Yeah you don't need a lot to succeed in the HSC, let alone a pen worth more than 20c each.
It's a hobby and I never got them for academic purposes, they just made my handwriting look nicer and I like the ink customisation, nib variety and the online community based on them. They all get used frequently anyway. I never claimed them to be supposed to add to academic success whatsoever. Ballpoints are just uncomfortable to use and worse for the environment.

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
The pens cost more than my mortgage and my car combined

vernburn

HSC
lmaoo yea true. I have a huge fountain pen problem. This was $89, my cheapest and first was a Parker Jotter which was $30, and the other two were $45 and $75. They're just fun to have and ink sheen is cool.
OMG same 😃! I love fountain pens. I’ve got quite a few of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)