Handwriting! (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In my 20+ years of HSC marking I have come across maybe 4 or 5 illegible scripts and only 1 of those was virtually unreadable by anyone at the centre - all four questions were passed around with everyone trying to add words while the others were readable with a partner. Most years I don't come across any that I can't read.

RayRay

HSC
Then people will still have messy hand writing from attempting to write 2000 word essays instead of 1000 words.
+1
In my 20+ years of HSC marking I have come across maybe 4 or 5 illegible scripts and only 1 of those was virtually unreadable by anyone at the centre - all four questions were passed around with everyone trying to add words while the others were readable with a partner. Most years I don't come across any that I can't read.
Ok that makes me confident. Also by nature, in writting fast there.are obviously going to be spelling mistakes, how much of an influence will this have, ie can these pull you off the top mark ie 15 or 20, or affect you mark otherwise?

Candidate

HSC
+1

Ok that makes me confident. Also by nature, in writting fast there.are obviously going to be spelling mistakes, how much of an influence will this have, ie can these pull you off the top mark ie 15 or 20, or affect you mark otherwise?
I've heard off two HSC English markers that they will overlook simple mistakes, but if there are numerous errors, your marks will be affected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)