Handwriting (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I think you can only type if you have some sort of disability that the Department of Education acknowledges. If you do type you would probably be in an isolated exam room so you don't disturb others with your loud key punching.
You're writing ain't too bad in my opinion, I've seen worse. I've seen some exemplar answers published by the BOS which have similar styles to yours. With your handwriting, it would probably take some close observation to work out each word, but it can be read nonetheless. As long as you can read it, you're fine, because chances are, the markers can also read it.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Your writing is readable, but obviously if you had lines it would be better I hope :p

And yes, just a bit big hahaha

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
YBK said:
hehe... at least someone can read that... :)

yeah, i guess it would be harder to read when it's small.. but then again, I write big.. lol... i'd say 5-7 words per line average.

ummm.. a cookie to whoever can decipher it :p :D
your writing isnt bad...i can read that easily. "i am ybk, i am in yr 12. woot...hope this uploads. obviously if you're reading this, then it has uploaded. err...yeah. it's bad."

might have forgotten a bit of it but there you go. not too shabby :p

HSC
N/A
I can read it just fine.... I don't think you have too much to worry about.

I personally think it's better to 'running write' in an exam (if yours is clear enough) as it's a lot quicker than printing.

Some people say they don't know how to write cursive though.... which I find strange. I thought everyone learnt that in primary school?

My peers have trouble reading my handwriting, but teachers have never made any complaints. Here's a sample (random photograph of random art notes from year 9)

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I print, and UI reckon my writing kicks evryone else cause I'm the bestest person in the world.

But although mine starts out like a computer printed essay, it ends up being scrawled and annoying. Still readable though.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Yeah dude that writing's fine. Stress less :).

Our teacher gave us an english exemplar once that was a good essay but hella messy. Yours was spanktastic compared to his.

redd

HSC
N/A
YBK said:
hehe... at least someone can read that... :)

yeah, i guess it would be harder to read when it's small.. but then again, I write big.. lol... i'd say 5-7 words per line average.

ummm.. a cookie to whoever can decipher it :p :D
dude your writing is perfect for the hsc, it seems really fluent meaning speed .

and to those who thinks your work wont get marked if its too messy thats completely wrong. It needs to get through a few markers and then the senior marker and then the supervisor until its "unreadable" and even then they will still try to "work out" what you wrote.

trust me if they didnt mark messy work i'm going to get 0 for the eng adv exam i had today.

Guernica

HSC
etc etc etc - your writing is cool! I like it. It's very unusual. Not much letter shaping.

And YBK - I love your writing!! I seriously do. It's nice :)

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
would you really be able to type instead of writing?

typing has a big advantage for some ppl in terms of speed etc.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
woah... thanks for the support!

etc. etc. etc. your writing looks awsome! very easy to read and looks fast!! :) hehe... someone loves my handwriting, now that is a rare occurance :D !!!

redd - true true.. at least I can write fast.... lol!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
YBK, your handwriting is fine, I like the stylistic curves that you make with some of the consonants. :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's legible all right. Everyone likes it. I do too. :)

klaw

HSC
Riviet said:
It's legible all right. Everyone likes it. I do too. :)
nah they didn't say they liked mine... they said it's readable :p

roadcone

HSC
kadlil said:
My teachers have told me that they don't mark it if they can't read it so yeh.
this is hsc urban legend. if a marker can't read it they will pass it on, this will continue right up until it reaches a senior marker. your teachers are having you on in saying that they won't mark it, they in fact attempt to give you the biggest possible chance.

in saying that legible handwriting does make a big difference, but its crap to say they will not mark your work mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)