Hard Assessment Tasks (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Our general maths assessment tasks have been fairly hard all year, with our grade average at like 59%,. If the school sets hard exams and the marks are low across the whole grade, and then the grade goes well in the HSC exam, what happens. do the marks get pulled up?

ive read this before somewhere but i cant remember.

Pace_T

HSC
lets say u rank 2nd.
you will get 50% of your hsc score
and 50% of 2nd's hsc score (could be your hsc score again if u scored 2nd in the year for the hsc exam)
so ur rank in class and ur final performance in the hsc exam are what matters
i think thats right..

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Dont worry man, the trials/half yearly were pretty hard but the actual exam was DEAD easy....... seriously

A l

HSC
N/A
Tommy_69 said:
Our general maths assessment tasks have been fairly hard all year, with our grade average at like 59%,. If the school sets hard exams and the marks are low across the whole grade, and then the grade goes well in the HSC exam, what happens. do the marks get pulled up?

ive read this before somewhere but i cant remember.
Yes, the moderating process can take care of that if the school performs at a much higher scale in the external assessment than the internal assessment. However, in situations like this, ranking is very important for those who want to make the most of the course.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
yeah i guess, our school are just ridiculous they have set us assessment tasks this year alot harder than past papers we have completed

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
with my school, different teachers set different standards of difficulty for our maths exams. i hate it when one of the 2u teachers set a dead easy test. we end up getting an average of 80s in the exam and most 3u kids get high 90s. how is that gonna help differentiate the student ranks. it won't change by much, should everyone do the expected of doing high 90s in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)