hardest 4u topic (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
Yeah....often have a look at the marks allocated for a question.

If its only 2 marks and your writing two pages, then obviously you've missed something or stuffed something up. I reckon the most annyoing bit of conics is when you make some silly error at the start which completely screws you up for the rest of that section.

joeylike2hiphop

joe-king4eva~~~~
HSC
wow

im really surprised that alot of ppl think that mechanics is one of the "harder" topics. hey can somebody teach how to do polls, mayb i can do one of those for 4u!!!

IcEy

HSC
I've always found conics really easy - just churning out pages of algebra. I'm good at that. I can write quickly, so if I can't find the easy way, I can churn out the answer pretty quickly.

So far, Harder 3u has always rooted me. I've left 1/4 of each of our internal assessment tasks undone because of the harder 3u. I finally learnt circle geo for the exams - that was good.

Haven't done mechanics nor polynomials nor inequalities yet, so I'll have to say Complex numbers proofs and ....question 8.

hasterz

HSC
haboozin said:
30 lines of algebra bashing?
never experienced that in a conics question....

i hope there is no CG in Q8
i reckon at least 30

5 lines to prove a property

another 10 to show something

another 5 to deduce then finally maybe 10 lines to find locus

i would think this would be a typical mark allocation of a hard conics question perhaps qns 6 -7

hasterz

HSC
and also im not sure if u guys would agree with me but i think complex number questions in q 7 or 8 are getting easier since they are using the same tricks and methods each year, its getting a little predictable

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Conics isnt too bad as in many cases the sum can be solved much quicker than the "obvious" method. Sometimes geometrical rather than algabraic solutions cut the 30 lines down to about 10.

I find circle geometry and harder X1 hardest of them all. And in the HSC exam, all the bullshit, flary maths thats involved.

flower_farie

Hot Pink Mitten
HSC
hmmm, conics is hard altho i think mechanics is harder...i shud have done physics to understand all that stupid forces stuff...GO VOLUMES!!!!

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
flower_farie said:
hmmm, conics is hard altho i think mechanics is harder...i shud have done physics to understand all that stupid forces stuff...GO VOLUMES!!!!

d/w u dont learn much in physics about forces.... theres nothing special about them.

I used to hate volumes, but they seem to be all repetative things, i think the only hard think about volumes is the analous with finding 2 roots etc...

VQ

HSC
Used to hate graph badly..but now it's okay....

HARDER EXTENSION 1 (the hardest)!!!! Especially the permutation-combination (not hard, but never be sure whether mine is correct or not, hate it coz get wrong all the time...in ext1 too), the strange questions they usually asked somewhere in between...and yeah the complex in q 7/8 is hard as well

Mx2-Mx1-Chem-Phy-ESL-IBS
Aim for UAI: 99.75, realistic aim: 90++

flower_farie

Hot Pink Mitten
HSC
hmmm but its still so hard to understand...damn mechanics made me cry!!! and we only spent like 2 lessons on resisted motion and the ones in the hsc book r really hard looking

The Intergrator

HSC
flower_farie said:
Physics doesn't really help

FinalFantasy

HSC
^yeap i agree
physics now is juz memorise chunks of info, won't help ya in maths at all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)