• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.. that's a journey, right?? (1 Viewer)

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
to get high marks, try to use spohisticated ORM. If you're lazy and choose a simple pop culture text, this gives the marker a VERY bad impression. Use your ORM to be unique and stand out from the rest of the cohort.

beabenn

tambourine man
HSC
Firstly, if you want to score well in an AOS essay, choose sophisticated texts; if you choose a childish and crappy text like Harold and Kumar, it will not reflect anything good about yourself towards the marker's impressions. Choose good films, dramas are preferred.

Secondly, use the word FILM, not the world movie, I know you can class Harold and Kumar as a movie because it is pop culture but use the word FILM when you realise that you should analyse a more serious text.

yakuza_69

HSC
hey can u plz send me ur notes im using that txt cause my english class has to do last years hsc paper for 1st day bak

Last edited:

erin_tonkin

HSC
if it has a heap of textual journey stuff go for it but if its just a gay teen drug movie then dont
email ur teacher and ask

tats what theyy are there for

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i dont get how you can write a sophisticated essay with clear links of the impact of physical journeys when using a text like harold and kumar =/ IMO. maybe you can provide examples?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)