Harry Potter # 5!!!! (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
The 5th harry potter comes out on June 21st.

Yay!! I'm so excited!! Except, it comes out on a Friday but that weekend i have to do somw serious studying cos in the next week i have a MH assessment on the tuesday, and italian assessments on the wednesday and thursday!!! Oh and that week i have a chemistry excursion so i'll i have work to catch up and i have to go to a tertiray day!! Aaargh!!! I won't be able to read it until the hols!

Anyway, so what is everyones favourite book? I know that there is plenty of cynics out there that hate the books and that was only worsened by the shocking movies but i reckon their great. They're not hard to read and i like quidditch!!

Anyway, post your thoughts!!

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
AAAAIII!!! *claps* I <3 the goblet of fire! <3 cedric! :D

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
well hp series are the only books where i didnt need to force myself to read cover to cover. bring on the more than goblet of fire length order of the pheonix:D

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
my favourite's probably HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

yeah, they're good for easy reading.

but why the publication delay???

and just some random comments:
the title should be the same for all countries damn it. the US is so whiny. sorcerer your ass.

and the movie...I vowed never to watch it again. I've watched the first one. that was okay but...all this craze going on just put me off.
I'll be perfectly alright with the books alone.

bluebubble

where are you Juliet? I thought i'd find you here you Harry Pothead fan! wouldn't be surprised if she's writing up an essay reply right now to this while i'm writing this up. :uhhuh:

chip

HSC
awww i thought it was coming out on a saturday and got all disapointed i wouldnt be able to get it but if it comes out on a friday thats sweet

i already ordered my copy ....... can't wait even if it is goblet of fire and a half more

Juliet

HSC
Originally posted by bluebubble
where are you Juliet? I thought i'd find you here you Harry Pothead fan! wouldn't be surprised if she's writing up an essay reply right now to this while i'm writing this up. :uhhuh:
Hey you little cow....i was STUDYING unlike some people and who was the one who said they were behind in MATHS???

Yes i am SOOOOOOO excited too. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this book to come out! There are all these little clues on the internet about what is going to happen. But i don't think i will buy it on the day, because it is the weekend before my Trials start! so i will have to wait till after the trials.:(

s2ophie

HSC
I found this on some site:

The new book is 38 chapters long. It is 255,000 words compared to over 191,000 words in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. That makes it 1/3 longer than the length of the Goblet of Fire.

So excited....

s2ophie

HSC
i think i saw it advertised as $39 but it still ridiculous. they are not bringing it out in paperback for ages either i heard so it looks like we have no choice!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hahahahaha
I feel sorry for all of the kids who will be forced to either sit there and spend weeks reading it or listen to it being read.
But still, it has to be quicker than the bloody wheel of time series...

The new Discworld book, Monstrous Regiment?, a regular novel, comes out later this year. I can't wait.

Juliet

HSC
Ok here are a few hints i found at muggle net:

The book starts out like this:
The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.....The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four.

And then, later in the book:
Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.'It is time,' he said 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'

And here a picture of one of the covers:

Generator

HSC
N/A
One of the two Sydney papers printed those two sections earlier this year, I think?

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Mm, apparently they are going to have some low introductory price when the book comes out, but they have nfi what it will be - probably omg $44.95 ;)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i went to this website that had the whole first chapter of the book although i'm not really sure if it's from the actual book

dont read if u dont want to know!!

----------------------------------------
i'm not sure if this is true... but harry is evil and hermione is dead. the first chapter starts off with harry leaving for her funeral.. and he is full of hatred and thinks ron is responsible for the death. he has been killing all these ppl and dumbledore wants to stop him so he talks to harry about what juliet said.

Sarah J

HSC
Err... I doubt it.

And June 21st is a Saturday. And I'm working all day :(

Plus, it's also the Civic Video sale, so I have lots to save up for on that day.

Juliet

HSC
The new Gryffindor Keeper is Ron Weasley!

what the?:p

is a roflcopter
HSC
when will harry get it on with cho chang :confused: :D :D

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
HP #5 YaY!

$45 BOOOOO What a rip off!

my fav is the azkaban one, with sirius and lupin ^_^

this book will bring out a whole NEW level of slash... YAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)