• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban (1 Viewer)

Leap

free falling
HSC
oh yeah, forgot to mention - i could feel tears welling up (yes, shut up) when they're outside the whomping willow, and harry is smiling, telling them what kind of home he'd like to live in with sirius........... ;____; especially since we all know that he dies in book five
yeah same here! I saw it with a friend of mine who hasn't read any of the books and he had no idea why I was so emotional about it...lol

J

jhakka

I saw it today and thought it was great. There were some really nice looking shots of the grounds, etc. The music was cool too.

They didn't change as much as I'd heard, which was good, though a couple of things annoyed me about the Dementors.
1. Their heads were a bit wrong.
2. They should have been bigger.
3. They shoudn't fly. They're supposed to glide along just above the ground.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
saw it today...thougth it was quite quite good

yeh...dementors heads looked really funny

dumbledore...hmmm didnt mind him that much...the first one didnt impress me that much (sorry and bless his soul)

got some people with weird sense of humour in the same cinema...part where harry is really emotional after he heard that sirius betrayed his parents and told his friends "he was there friend" ...all shaken and stuff, this person at the back row started laughing quite loudly and for quite a while...hmmm

yeh! go hermoine for kicking dracos ass

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by jhakka
though a couple of things annoyed me about the Dementors.
1. Their heads were a bit wrong.
2. They should have been bigger.
3. They shoudn't fly. They're supposed to glide along just above the ground.
the dementors were definately different from what i had imagined, but i thought it worked. each to their own i guess

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
well it seems like the movies are catching up with the novels, i wonder wen the sixth book is cuming out
doesn e 1 noe wat may happen in the last book of the series? coz i keep hearing from pplz that harry potter is gonna die in the last book

Seabiscuit

HSC
I saw Harry Potter on Friday!!! :D

The warewolf annoyed me the most... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT THING? Aren't werewolfs supposed to be like normal wolves? That thing in the movie was too long and fake and thing to be a real werewolf!

APart from that.. movie was good. :D I don't see what was so bad about Dumbledore.. he's a legend!

Another annoying thing... they changed the whole setting! The location of Hogwarts in the first 2 movies is different to this. And that's annoying because how a school change its location?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I watched it a second time, and liked it even more. The first time I saw it I thought it was a bit rushed, but it felt quite long after watching it two times, and I definately could appreciate it more.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
Originally posted by charmed_cuties
well it seems like the movies are catching up with the novels, i wonder wen the sixth book is cuming out
doesn e 1 noe wat may happen in the last book of the series? coz i keep hearing from pplz that harry potter is gonna die in the last book
at the end of the 5th book Dumbledore tells Harry that for the prophecy to be fulfilled either Harry or Neville will have to die to destroy Voldermort (Riddle) ...

*sigh*

pcwizz

J

jhakka

Originally posted by pc_wizz
at the end of the 5th book Dumbledore tells Harry that for the prophecy to be fulfilled either Harry or Neville will have to die to destroy Voldermort (Riddle) ...

*sigh*

pcwizz
Actually he said that Harry or Voldemort must die because they can't both exist.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
Actually he said that Harry or Voldemort must die because they can't both exist.
*opens OOTP* hmm ...

oh ye ... my bad ... :p

pcwizz

J

jhakka

Originally posted by pc_wizz
*opens OOTP* hmm ...

oh ye ... my bad ... :p

pcwizz
I'll let you off this time. Next time you wont be so lucky. :p

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
I'll let you off this time. Next time you wont be so lucky. :p
kekekeke ...

:p

pcwizz

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
The warewolf annoyed me the most... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT THING? Aren't werewolfs supposed to be like normal wolves? That thing in the movie was too long and fake and thing to be a real werewolf!
Another annoying thing... they changed the whole setting! The location of Hogwarts in the first 2 movies is different to this. And that's annoying because how a school change its location?
yeah, the werewolf looked like something out of LOTR!

They didnt change the location of the castle, they simply expanded the camera angles to be able to take in the more sweeping scenic shots rather than just some castle in the midst of mist!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i didn't like lupin as a werewolf. i imagined him to look a lot ....stronger? rather than some skinny computerised bony dog, lol.

but when sirius holds lupin tight when he's transforming, clutching his chest and assuring him that they both know who lupin truly is, inside....... so beautiful.

"You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here! This flesh is only flesh..."

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
yeah i thought the werewolf was pretty scrawny as well.

Van Helsing, now thats a werewolf!

Loved it how harry and hermione travelled back in time, easily the best bit of the movie.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ew..so lanky and scrawny...Nobody has mentioned Professor Trelawney yet!...Emma Thompson played her well..I imagined her to be less hippy-esque but it was good nevertheless :)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
yes i agree lundy, it was creepy.. i didnt think it was that bad.. better than the standard werewolf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)