HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

manutd_rock07

HSC
yeah i agree...epilogue was stupid...

i mean the book was good...i think it just felt different cause instead of raising all these crazy questions like the previous 6 books it had all the answers....just didnt feel like ur normal harry potter book....

very happy though....snape came good in the end...always liked that character
especially in the movies...the movies suck but alan rickman plays professor snape perfectly

ok soz im just rambling now....

overall pretty good book....but epilogue was shit!!!

J

jhakka

My favourite quote in the book is from the epilogue.

"Albus Severus, you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

:(:(:(

cuppy

HSC
N/A
my fav quote - when Mrs Weasley roared "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B!TCH" to Bellatrix :)

Last edited:
HSC
Martyno1 said:
The epilogue was stupid. The rest of the book was good, but the epilogue.. wtfff?
i think the ending/epilogue just reminds us that the harry potter series are childrens books tbh

goosiegoo

HSC
townie said:
why should harry and ron make good aurors, they arent particularly good wizards, and harry is good for being like, a good person, not a good fighter
Harry resisted the imperius curse in book 4! He's extremely talented at DADA...

And Harry and Ron know all about defending themselves from the dark arts. Think about it, while they were off fighting death eaters and Voldemort himself, the rest of their generation were hiding... Harry and Ron have sooo much more experience than anyone else in their generation...

atreus

HSC
Serius said:
hahahahaha. funny as. ive always wondered what role religion played in the wizarding world, cos they cleebrtae Christmas.

i just remembered another funny part of the book. pretty much all of phineas nigellus' dialogue with harry ron and hermione- calling luna that 'lovegood oddity'. i havent seen the ootp film- is phineas' portrait in it?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Malfoy said:
That's absolutely hilarious. I say, 'made of win.'

As for aurors - Harry would make a good one, Ron's never really done much fantastic.
True. Kinda interesting to wonder what else Ron could do though...

HSC
Book was pretty good overall. Thought the hallows would be a place or one thing, not three, but there you go. Although its probably good i guessed wrong because at least there was a surprise. A lot of the rest of the book was somewhat guessable and she followed a lot of expectations i thought rather than go with complete suprise and stuff people wouldn't expect.

Saddest part was either when dobby died (nearly cried) or possibly when harry was in snapes memories near the end. Or maybe when fred died actually, that too. Percy's reaction was gut-wrenching.

I was disappointed harry didn't die though. When voldemort killed him and he went into what can only be described as some sort of purgatory or something similar, i was under the impression from what dumbledore said to him that he could only continue living until he killed voldemort, because it was his connection with voldemort that kept him partially alive.... So i expected him to die when he killed voldemort, or a few minutes later... But no she had to have him live to a ripe old age and end with an infuritating epilogue.

I'm sorry, but could the epilogue have been any more corny! Agreed the line about snape was touching, but seriously, having them all call their kids after important people in their lives, shipping all the characters we knew would be shipped and even nodding politely to malfoy (although i like draco, so i don't really mind that) was all sooooo 'they all lived happily ever after'-ish.
Maybe the epilogue was necessary to finish it off, but if so, she could have at least included stuff about the other characters, like how george was without fred, or who was headmaster of hogwarts, or what their jobs were, or what happened to luna or all voldies followers.
it seemed silly to put in an epilogue and only explain the futures of the 4 or so main characters and malfoy, who frankly could have been left out for another character, as he wasn't really that important. maybe he was there to symbolise the unification of the houses of hogwarts - slytherin and gryffindor are friendly, or at least not murderous towards each other, once more!

but yeah, overall, pretty good. Although it could have been longer as ot was shorter than 4, 5 and 6 i think, which seemed strange considering how many things had to be adressed.

HSC
Snape is the most complex character in the series, and my fav... and cute as a button, 7 was longer than 6... sure HBP had more pages, but if you notice the font etc... its much bigger in 6 than any other book.

7 returned to the same style that was used in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and was 607 pages, so it was smaller than 4 and 5.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
You're all just jealous because the epilogue didn't say

"and Harry grew up and married YOU".

Kujah

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
My favourite quote in the book is from the epilogue.

"Albus Severus, you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

:(:(:(
I agree :( Totally shows us how good Snape was all along.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Kujah said:
I agree :( Totally shows us how good Snape was all along.
Totally, I always knew that Snape was in whatever wierd way, a good guy all along. Regardless of the fact that he killed Dumbledore, all the crap he did, the amount of hatrid he showed towards harry was always for a reason. After reading this book, I've never liked Snape more. I thought this book was the best of the seven, but there were parts in it which dragged on a tad.

I hated the fact that Dobby died, one of my favourite characters, i was almost at tears.

Nebuchanezzar said:
You mean MURDERER fan!

And what's the deal with that signature? He looks like a jackass.
Amen. Ditto. the bastard went against harry potter and co even after they saved his ass more than once. why didn't he die?!?!?!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
Amen. Ditto. the bastard went against harry potter and co even after they saved his ass more than once. why didn't he die?!?!?!
Draco was *nicer* then usual in this book. When greyback caught the trio, and took them over to the Malfoy's, they were asking draco to check if the people they caught were Harry, ron, and hermione. The poor fella didnt give a straight yes or no answer when his mum and dad were asking him about ron and hermione, he was like "i guess its her", "maybe its him", etc.

I was really hoping that Malfoy and Snape would do something more exciting in this book though :(

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
^ I was under the impression that he said those things because he either really wasn't sure whether it was them or not or he didn't want to enrage voldemort by saying wrong stuff..

I didn't expect anything huge to happen to Draco, but Snape played a HUGE part in the book, alot of it was based upon his actions and his dedication to albus.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
^ I was under the impression that he said those things because he either really wasn't sure whether it was them or not or he didn't want to enrage voldemort by saying wrong stuff..
maybe, but i think that he could easily recognise them. Its obvious to draco that its them, so i dont think that he would have problems recognising them. Especially that he never liked any of them in the first place...but again, you could be right :)

rnitya_25 said:
I didn't expect anything huge to happen to Draco, but Snape played a HUGE part in the book, alot of it was based upon his actions and his dedication to albus.
yes Snape did play a part in this book, but i was hoping that he would be mentioned through out the book instead of only one chapter :rolleyes:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i agree, i felt like he definitely recognized them and was trying to cover up who they are, without totally saying its not them incase voldy comes anyway and then he would be in deep shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)