HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, this thread, particularly the early part makes me laugh.

billstery

HSC
The ending to this book TEH GHEY.

Why did Rowling have to make it more fucking syrupy than one of Oprah's pancakes?
Is she on crack?

Harry with Ginny, Hermione with Ron. How un-fucking-predictable. Where did you gather the inspiration, JK, how did you come up with such a brilliant ending?

The least she could have done was paired Ron with Harry or something to make it interesting, and have another book about them fighting for rights of gay wizardry. Anything would have been better, anything.

Oh and while I'm here, wtf is up with naming the kids? Wasn't that over the top? And what about all the kids who went unnamed... Shoulda just given one 20 names, and kept him in the cellar feeding him fishheads for the rest of his life and let the others live normal named lives. Shoulda called em Stanley, or Bruce for the girl.

Im done... (the rest of the book was good)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Seriously though, the whole book has been leading towards that ending, heck the series has been foreshadowing it since probably 4 or 5. Maybe its disappointment that so many people expected such an ending, but did you really expect that she was suddenly going to write out the main character, or end up pairing Harry with Hermione, who's been foreshadowed to be with Ron for almost 4-5 books now? Half these complaints base themselves on an idea of expectation, sure its sappy, sure its kinda boring, and I agree that the epilogue probably should've been about a month or a year after the 'final battle' which would've given more of an insight and further development than simply pushing us 19 years later, but c'mon, half the complaints sound like they're from bitter fans of certain romantic connections happening.

Ps. Scorpius is such an awesome name.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
billstery said:
The ending to this book TEH GHEY.

Why did Rowling have to make it more fucking syrupy than one of Oprah's pancakes?
Is she on crack?

Harry with Ginny, Hermione with Ron. How un-fucking-predictable. Where did you gather the inspiration, JK, how did you come up with such a brilliant ending?

The least she could have done was paired Ron with Harry or something to make it interesting, and have another book about them fighting for rights of gay wizardry. Anything would have been better, anything.

Oh and while I'm here, wtf is up with naming the kids? Wasn't that over the top? And what about all the kids who went unnamed... Shoulda just given one 20 names, and kept him in the cellar feeding him fishheads for the rest of his life and let the others live normal named lives. Shoulda called em Stanley, or Bruce for the girl.

Im done... (the rest of the book was good)
I feel the epilogue was a necessary feature to emphasised Harry's changing opinion toward Snape. Setting it 19 years later gives his comment about Snape being a brave man a kind of maturity and authority. The comment may not have been so poignant had Harry said it immediately after the battle. The suggested longevity of the opinion made it all the more moving.

I don't think the epilogue was necessarily meant to be about Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione and their families. I get the impression that the aforementioned change in attitude towards one her greatest characters, by her hero, was JKR's real focus in the epilogue.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Did anyone else think the whole Kings Cross station meeting was kinda Matrix like, in that he was 'in between life and death' and suddenly talking to some ethereal figure.

Also, I hope they do neville justice in the final battle.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Scorpius or Seth...hmm awesome names.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
AsyLum said:
Did anyone else think the whole Kings Cross station meeting was kinda Matrix like, in that he was 'in between life and death' and suddenly talking to some ethereal figure.

Also, I hope they do neville justice in the final battle.
i hope they do the final battle justice. period.

it'd be nice if it was done like the battle of helms deep in the LOTR, what with the suspense and awesomeness of the fighting.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
i hope they do the final battle justice. period.

it'd be nice if it was done like the battle of helms deep in the LOTR, what with the suspense and awesomeness of the fighting.
Haha, yeah it'd be nice to see everyone going ape shit, giants going ravenous, spiders kicking up a stink.

And Neville. Getting beat down. Getting beat down. Then wtfpwning Nagini you slithery slut!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol, I quit a while ago mate :p

And nothing, I'm simply bored, cynical and about to finish uni. Oh woe is me.

lyzzidc

HSC
the book was AWESOME!!!! so cool...but yet very disapointing, there will be no more hp books.
Although i do want to know, even though it's not a major point, who are Victoire's parents?? we know she's a Weasley, but who are her parents?? my guess would be Bill and Fleur, but that just a guess...

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Stevo. said:
Victoire is the daughter of William and Fleur Weasley and was caught making out with Teddy Lupin, the orphaned son of Remus and Nymphadora.
Victoire is BILL and Fleurs daughter :) not william...

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
I think it means that its two generations back maybe. But im not sure. Is it just me or is this site extremely slow at night. and also can anyone give me an outloine as to what will be in the encyclopedia im a bit confused. thanks

HSC
ive read through this entire fan fic of HP7 which was released before Deathly Hallows, and ive got to say... i am alot more satisfied with this fan fic than i am with DH.

This book focuses too much on H & G and H & R's sexual tensions etc... and is too obsessed with making everyone a couple, but the general story line i liked better than JKR's version.

Harry kills Voldemort with Avada Kedavra (because Harry is powered by Love and all that bullshit), but his killing of voldemort makes a horcrux (a snitch), which is chucked into the veil after Voldy. AND THEN harry goes to the in-between place (kings cross in DH), and the book takes about 100 pages to describe the aftermath, and then an epilogue at R and H's wedding 4 years later.

A bizarra twist is that Dudley is actually a wizard, and in the epilogue there is a newspaper article of Vernon and Petunia being found dead, no explained causes and Dudley being sighted in the village that day (aka Dudders turns evil)

Hmm i can honestly say reading this has ruined my experience of DH, whilst it was good in some aspects it was shockingly corny in others.

raiders771

HSC
a thought occured to me but could victoire and ted actually be related, i cant mistaken reading somewhere that sirius was related to molly and there was a connection between sirius and nymphadora or something along those lines... so we could possibly have an incest relationship on our hands quite freaky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)