• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
*Gasp* No wayyyy... EVIL!! I tell you, I knew it from the beginning.... Well, not really, it was more like an uneasy feeling. Did you like it overall?

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hiphophorray123 again.

Anyways I havent read it, nor do I really intend to but someone told me what happened and like as if no one was expecting that to happen :rolleyes:

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Yes, t'was slightly predictable wasn't it? But I still credit JK Rowling for making it so utterly entertaining!

Steven88

HSC
N/A
what happen?/.....whats evil....tell tell telll.whats the plot about

come on this is a spoliers page1!!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Apparently, Ron hits on Hermione at the funeral. What a man.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
OK, seeing as I did put a warning in the title....
Wait, does anyone know how to do those scroll things that hide stuff? (God I make no sense today, sorry!)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
OK, so here goes my little summary...

Dumbledore is killed by Snape, who is the "half-blood prince" on the title of the novel. It was extremely sad, and Hogwarts is going to be closed, or at least Harry, Ron and Herm aren't coming back. Yes Ron hits on Herm at the funeral and Harry gets with Ginny, but they break up. Phew!

kirabolton

HSC
ARGH i cannot believe it, it sucks! my two favourite characters have died in the last two books and my other favourite is actually evil.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
So whaddya all think about Harry and Ginny? I was always a Harry and Hermione kind of girl, but i liked their whole relationship thing. Except for the fact that it lasted like two pages!

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
THIS IS THE SHITTEST BOOK EVER, why the hell did she kill Dumbledore, am i right in thinking that maybe he is not really dead?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
omigodwhenover said:
THIS IS THE SHITTEST BOOK EVER, why the hell did she kill Dumbledore, am i right in thinking that maybe he is not really dead?
please read the first post of the thread.

i just finished. i'm lost for words.

i have never cried so much while reading a book before. i didn't cry when he actually died, but i bawled my eyes out in the last two chapters. i loved dumbledore.

and i'm also absolutely distraught that raiks's spoiler ruined it for me, because as soon as i'd read about snape in the first few chapters, i KNEW that his spoiler (ie, a photo of page 566 of our version) would be true.

a few things:

- i found this much funnier than OoTP.
- i kinda liked harry/ginny.
- could R.A.B be regulus a. black? (sirius' brother) though we don't know his middle name
- i liked JKR's uses of the words "slut" and "ejaculate" :p not sure if the parents'll be too happy though, keep an eye out on smh etc :p

more later

*sniffs*

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
my sister stopped me from buying it today :( she's going to borrow it from a friend instead.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Dumbledore's actor in the film is quite old. JK probably decided to finish the dude off in the book so that when the 6th bk becomes a movie the actor will not to be replaced

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
but the dumbledore from the first movie died in real life, he's already been replaced.

i finished it an hour or so ago...

NOT AT ALL HAPPY!! THAT WASN"T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!

yeah who is RAB? i was thinking someone in the black family too... but then they were all loyal death eaters? *shrugs*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)