Harsh marking. (1 Viewer)

torylearn

HSC
N/A
Basically my business studies teacher wont give anyone in the class a 16+/20 for any essay/plan or Report.
Regardless of how well you're essay/assignments are which-include diagrams/maps and proper essay structure.

Will this affect me in the HSC, if I'm tied down to 70-80% in my assessments even though i'm ranked 1st?

screwuhsc

HSC
unlcuky situation where did you lose marks? what were your comments ask him where u lost your marks

QZP

HSC
Basically my business studies teacher wont give anyone in the class a 16+/20 for any essay/plan or Report.
Regardless of how well you're essay/assignments are which-include diagrams/maps and proper essay structure.

Will this affect me in the HSC, if I'm tied down to 70-80% in my assessments even though i'm ranked 1st?
If you're first you will get the highest exam mark in the HSC for your assessment mark. There is no way you can be "pulled down"

torylearn

HSC
N/A
unlcuky situation where did you lose marks? what were your comments ask him where u lost your marks
He just says, "it could be improved" without going into detail.
with our exams/assignments we don't get comments from the teacher just "I'm happy everyone passed" lmao.

screwuhsc

HSC
that is so fucked up doesnt give comments and expects you to improve what kinda teacher is and hes head teacher wow astonishing?

torylearn

HSC
N/A
that is so fucked up doesnt give comments and expects you to improve what kinda teacher is and hes head teacher wow astonishing?
school ranking-400ish lol what u expect

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Did I just see "Business Studies" and "harsh marking" together? They don't go together, it's only for chem - with it's extremely harsh marking

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
dude chill, your marks don't mean anything. Only your ranks and their relative differences between them matter. If you ace hsc then you can even state rank

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
school ranking-400ish lol what u expect
If he's not gonna give you feedback I recommend that you find somebody on this forum who did extremely well in their HSC for Business Studies

I suggest that you message either RivalryofTroll or Drifting95 to edit your business reports/essays so that you can see where you're going wrong

I hope this helps :D

Verify

HSC
It doesn't matter what marks you get, like already mentioned it's all about your ranks so don't worry too much about it. Because really if you got 16/20 and ranked first it's essentially the same as getting 20/20 and ranking first or even getting 5/20 and ranking first given you aren't tied with anyone.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Well your ranked first so only your performance will impact you in externals..

Your business teacher may be actually mark the same as the HSC exam, so I'd attempt to get a third party to have a look at your structure such as Drifting95 etc like the posters above suggested...

saif1788

HSC
You can send your essays and reports and an HSC Business Studies tutor can have a look at them at: www.uhsinternational.com
Or call 0455 827 800 and someone might be able to help you find your mistakes or give you feedback.
Most of the time its the essay writing skills. So you might want to brush on that too.
And like everyone said, take a chill pill :) stop worrying and start studying ;-)
You have plenty of time, so I guess start off with what you arw comfortable with and build your confidence, a teacher who doesn't give feedback is a douche bag :)
All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)