Harvie Krumpet ... Useable text? (1 Viewer)

shad0w

HSC
Hey peoples of the forum!

I was thinking of using Harvie Krumpet (YouTube - Harvie Krumpet) as my related text to Peter Skrzynecki's poems (St Patrick's College and 10 Mary Street), except I just want to know if it's a usable text (as in it's not considered as a 'no-no' or isn't a BOS text).

I'm just confused because my sister (she's in uni now lol) when she done 'journeys' her class used Harvie Krumpet as a text of some sort :S She isn't sure if it was in yr10 or HSC (11-12). I decided to google "Board of Studies Harvie Krumpet" and my first hit was a word doc (http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_sc/pdf_doc/visual_design_710_support.doc). On page 10 (bottom right second last box) it says it's a text to be considered for Yr 7-10 for Visual Design
If there is anyone who has used or been given the 'a-okay' for Harvie Krumpet, please tell me! :D

Also, finding it hard to find a second related text...was thinking of some sort of short story, article or image (No Shaun Tan or other BOS texts).

I've seen the text list (by 'withoutwings' i think) but can't really find something fitting to my given texts. (I'm going with the idea that St Pats is not belonging and 10 Mary is belonging. Harvie Krumpet has both - obviously not belonging, not sure if i should talk about both)

Also, if you're still reading :) when answering a question, do I write about how similar/same ideas are expressed differently (like all have belonging/not belonging, write where it is in text what it means, etc?) or something else.. :S Please help!

Thanks!

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Definately very usable if done well. My friend used this as his related text in a speech and got 25/25 for it. However, I wasn't there to hear it so i can't really points you in the right direction. Someone else perhaps might be able to.

shad0w

HSC
Okay thanks, anyone else out there with ideas on what i should be relating harvie krumpet to with the poems (st pats, 10 mary)? what aspects or scene(s) i should focus on?
thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)