Harwood Essay Question (1 Viewer)

Rakkien

HSC
We got a practice essay today and the we have to evaluate the statement "Considering a text from differing perspectives forms an acknowledgement of its textual integrity" in reference to At Mornington and The Violets.

I understand the different perspectives part, but I would like a bit of clarity as to how we are supposed to address the 'textual integrity' part, as well as how to implement our own personal opinion.

Thanks in advance :D

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Technically, formulating your own theses in relation to the question is already implementing your own opinion into the essay. Textual integrity is essentially both a combination of analysing all parts of both poems, so make sure your inclusion of quotes is not limited to just the start or end, as well as searching for universal humanistic concerns that allows the text to resonate within its immediate context and with contemporary responders. It might also be good to consider including other critic's quotes/perspectives into your essay to enrich your argument and strengthen your response conceptually.

success15

HSC
i'm studying harwood's poems at the moment- what ideas about innocence, life and memory are conveyed through the violets, at mornington and father and child?
Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)