has anone hears bout the smart start scholarships?? (2 Viewers)

Jemms

HSC
hey i was just wondering if anyone has heard if they got that $2000 scholarship yet? they said we sould here around this time and the extra $$$ would be helpful.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They said late march. Its only the 1st of march. Give them until after the HECS census date ... when they will know for a fact that you are going to stay in the course. UWS won't wanna waste $2000 :p

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I can't get that scholarship cos I'm doing B Arts :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Second years deserve it more than first years :p

*shuts up before first years deck me :p*

klh

HSC
maybe thats what the rises in fees go to...the smartstart scholarships?
anyway, im sure that as second and third years, we are more intimidating.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I met some 2nd and 3rd years! and they're nice! And friendly. We look up to you guys! It's like kindie all over again

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
2moz is so gonna feel like school again - first time at Hawkesbury for 5 months :eek:

Friday is gonna be like kindie - first time at blacktown. I survived 2 days at parra, so I should be fine on friday.

rollerbaby

HSC
I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying I got one... I have never even seen $2000 before so i'm pretty stoked...

sandra

HSC
i got one too. do we HAVE to go to that presentation cuz its all the way in penrith...

L

LaraB

sandra said:
i got one too. do we HAVE to go to that presentation cuz its all the way in penrith...
i'd suggest you go - i get asked to go to all these long boring thingos coz i got 2 uws scholarships...boring as they may be its useful coz you get to meet people and talk to the VC and the scholarships awards officers who are really helpful in solving admin probs for you and stuff like that

plus u might get ur pic in the paper if they have the media people tehre like they did for out morning teas and lunches and stuff :p

sandra

HSC
lol im not that interested in getting my pic in the media ( not very photogenic).
hey what uai did u get ( laraB) if u dont mind me asking ?

Angel45

HSC
My course wasn't eligible.

Strange huh?!?

Straight communications was, as was business/law... but not communications/law.

klh

HSC
because those courses that were eligible had less peopel in them and they wanted more students to fill the void. not trying to crap on you but did you read the thingy where it says which courses it only applies to?
Anyway, sympathies...try to get another scholarship?

Angel45

HSC
Makes sense.

Yeah yeah, I'd read b4 hand what it applied to....

That's how I knew I couldn't apply...

congrats to all who got it but.

L

LaraB

sandra said:
lol im not that interested in getting my pic in the media ( not very photogenic).
hey what uai did u get ( laraB) if u dont mind me asking ?

haha me neither..but acouple of the girls there..like,...they had hair n make up full done in case they go photo'd....

i got 98.4

L

LaraB

klh said:
maybe thats what the rises in fees go to...the smartstart scholarships?
anyway, im sure that as second and third years, we are more intimidating.
a very minute amount does..

eg next year, $1M goes towards scholarships as a whole but you gotta account in that for people getting the $25000 scholarhips coz they'd make up the most money but area smaller gropu...copmared to them the funding for smartstart's probly pretty small..

$1M for total schoalrships, inclusing cwth learning ones and uni ones and smart start ones and merit equity ones... so i mean, its a pretty small bit of the funding

im hoping the fundings gonna go towards more teachers so we dont get booted to the parra nth campus again next year!:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)