Has Anyone Finished their HSC and RETURNED back to school to do it again? (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Thank You everyone for your kind words of support. He is a breif synopsis of why i'm back.

"A little from column A and a little from column B" YEar 11 i was set into being a graphic artist and animator or a chef. Then towards the end of year 12 i started researching other things I have developed a great intrest in Forensics especially pathology and anthropology. SO i applied for a course at ANU for forensic anthropology. My UAI was 3 points short of this. So i came back as part of an Admissions scheme where you prove you are able of the study and that your UAI and marks are not a true indication of your ability to learn and study. So yeah hope that explains it. Its a very long and complicated story and people it's VERY COMPLEX and would take a lot of time to write it all down. But hopefull this shoud explain it a bit more.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
marcquelle said:
Thank You everyone for your kind words of support. He is a breif synopsis of why i'm back.

"A little from column A and a little from column B" YEar 11 i was set into being a graphic artist and animator or a chef. Then towards the end of year 12 i started researching other things I have developed a great intrest in Forensics especially pathology and anthropology. SO i applied for a course at ANU for forensic anthropology. My UAI was 3 points short of this. So i came back as part of an Admissions scheme where you prove you are able of the study and that your UAI and marks are not a true indication of your ability to learn and study. So yeah hope that explains it. Its a very long and complicated story and people it's VERY COMPLEX and would take a lot of time to write it all down. But hopefull this shoud explain it a bit more.
Since your doing the HSC again would the previous marks in 2007 be accounted for the best ten units for your UAI?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
Since your doing the HSC again would the previous marks in 2007 be accounted for the best ten units for your UAI?
No. UAI calculates the top 10 Units that are of the most recent.

So, let's say I got 90 in MX1 this year. And if I repeat and get 70, 70 will be the one that will be up for UAI calculation, not 90.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
yes that is right, i had an oppurtunity to do adv. english and any of my subjects again this year but i said no. so they won't. But they (my school) are trying to see if can do a distinction course cause i met the requirements (but the requirements is not what they actually mean) so they are talking to BOS about it hopefully Comp. Lit. then no english yay. except exts yay. (to make up the 2U ah well they are soooooo much more better than Adv.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
marcquelle said:
yes that is right, i had an oppurtunity to do adv. english and any of my subjects again this year but i said no. so they won't. But they (my school) are trying to see if can do a distinction course cause i met the requirements (but the requirements is not what they actually mean) so they are talking to BOS about it hopefully Comp. Lit. then no english yay.
You must have received decent HSC result to be accepeted in. Did you get any Band 6 or high Band 5?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
The only noob here is you
yeah i don't understand such an idomatic term such as noob so i just assumed it was an insult. And how is calling someone a bundle of sticks or a cigarrette an insult?

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
yeah i don't understand such an idomatic term such as noob so i just assumed it was an insult. And how is calling someone a bundle of sticks or a cigarrette an insult?
noob = insult, that's all you need to know :p And to the noob that thinks people who do art are idiots - I'm topping or coming close to topping most of my subjects, in a really good selective school. Some of the smartest people in my grade do subjects like art, music, etc. Does this make us idiots or are you the only idiot here for being so pathetically close-minded?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
noob = insult, that's all you need to know :p And to the noob that thinks people who do art are idiots - I'm topping or coming close to topping most of my subjects, in a really good selective school. Some of the smartest people in my grade do subjects like art, music, etc. Does this make us idiots or are you the only idiot here for being so pathetically close-minded?
yes i agree, art requires thinking outside of lateral thought, it requires an analytical mind and other kinds. Art is a part of society that you cannot ignore. Art does not equal stupidity. Insulting someone and trying to belittle them is (and yes i am aware of the irony in what i just said to what i was doing) so yes we can all have our moments of idiocracy.

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
lol i understand
I was extremely tempted to add, what kind of moron uses the word noob these days anyway, but i didn't because i wasn't feeling that harsh :p, guess i've said it now though

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
hey cant you just do year 12
insted of doing year 11 and 12 again?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
dwarven said:
hey cant you just do year 12
insted of doing year 11 and 12 again?
yes but my subjects didn't work out for it and anyway i needed to prove that i can handle different subjects, for admission thing, kinda of really hard to explain.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
marcquelle said:
yes but my sunjects didn't work out for it and anyway i needed to prove that i can handle different subjects, for admission thing, kinda of really hard to explain.
ooohk

GOOD LUCK AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST :D

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
JKhoury said:
Even your nickname 'mythical chaos' represents the utmost faggotry possibly conveyable by a human being, let alone your posts.
lol i never even considered that bit of irony and disillusioned reality. Good work

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND WORDS OF SUPPORT.

AND MYTHICAL CHAOS HOW CAN YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR UAI IS WHEN YOUR HSC HASN'T HAPPENED YET?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)