Has anyone heard from... (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Post hear when you hear back from banks/firms (or someone you know does) so that everyone knows whether they're still in the running.

GSJBW FICC 1st round interview (heard on Friday night)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
A friend of mine got a msg from Mac Bank on Friday night for IB for an interview. Don't have any other details.

bakerb05

HSC
N/A
Citigroup (Investment Research); phone interview and reasoning test.

ks21

HSC
my friend has his Morgan Stanley IB interview today, they called him up last night.

ks21

HSC
BTW, does this mean, that for the people who didn't get replies/answers yet have been completely rejected?

ND

HSC
ks21 said:
BTW, does this mean, that for the people who didn't get replies/answers yet have been completely rejected?
Not necessarily, different divisions may have different timeframes.

ks21

HSC
Could you guys post some creditionals together with your interview offers? So, the rest of us, can see how far off the mark we are. Cheers

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok... I know these firms have contacted people

Deutsche, JPMorgan, Goldman, Citigroup.

ND

HSC
Mac bank, T&C (i think that they invite pretty much everyone for 1st round)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I just got invited for a first round interview at Macquarie Bank. I am pretty stoked because this is my third time I have applied and I finally got an interview. I guess I am third time lucky:D.

Although I applied to the "Equity Markets Group", by the way the email was worded it seems my interview is for all positions. The relevant sections says:

These interviews will be for summer vacation positions offered in the following groups and we encourage you to review information about the groups and consider your areas of interest priot to the interview: Corporate Affairs Group, Equity Markets Grooup, Financial Services Group, Information Services Division, Risk Management Division and the Treasury and Commodities Group.
So I don't know what to think about that:confused:. It also mentions that if you reside in an area outside of Sydney you can schedule a phone interview. I live in Newcastle so I would rather not have to travel to Sydney if I don't have to but I am wondering if I would be adversely affected by asking for a phone interview. What do you guys think:)?

You would think that by now I would have realised that they close these type of things pretty early but as per usual I left it too late and so didn't get to apply everywhere. I only got to apply to Macquarie Bank, JP Morgan and Credit Suisse:hammer:.

ND

HSC
SoCal said:
Although I applied to the "Equity Markets Group", by the way the email was worded it seems my interview is for all positions. The relevant sections says:

So I don't know what to think about that:confused:.
It will be for EMG, but that's just the email they send out to everyone (and any interview slot can be booked by someone applying for any of those positions).

t also mentions that if you reside in an area outside of Sydney you can schedule a phone interview. I live in Newcastle so I would rather not have to travel to Sydney if I don't have to but I am wondering if I would be adversely affected by asking for a phone interview. What do you guys think?
Depends on whether you think you'd perform better over the phone or in person. (actually, go the phone interview, pre-prepare all of your answers and just read them off the screen :D )

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ND said:
It will be for EMG, but that's just the email they send out to everyone (and any interview slot can be booked by someone applying for any of those positions).
Yeah, OK that makes sense. Thanks:).

ND said:
Depends on whether you think you'd perform better over the phone or in person. (actually, go the phone interview, pre-prepare all of your answers and just read them off the screen :D )
So you don't think it would be disadvantageous to ask for a phone interview? I am thinking that when they say an area outside of Sydney they mean a long way out of Sydney. I just hope they don't think, "well Newcastle is only two hours away from Sydney, so it looks like this guy isn't really keen for the job":(.

About reading all the answers off a page, I tried that for my Commonwealth Bank interview and that didn't work:D.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Yeah, OK that makes sense. Thanks:).

So you don't think it would be disadvantageous to ask for a phone interview? I am thinking that when they say an area outside of Sydney they mean a long way out of Sydney. I just hope they don't think, "well Newcastle is only two hours away from Sydney, so it looks like this guy isn't really keen for the job":(.

About reading all the answers off a page, I tried that for my Commonwealth Bank interview and that didn't work:D.
Hey congrats on the interview, hope you get the job. Was it for vacation employment?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Thanks dude. Yeah it was for the Summer Vacation Program which is what I assume these guys are talking about since the Graduate Program interviews were on a few months ago:).

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Thanks dude. Yeah it was for the Summer Vacation Program which is what I assume these guys are talking about since the Graduate Program interviews were on a few months ago:).
As I am doing an extra year, I applied for the Vacation Program at Macq bank, I have'nt heard anything, so I guess its back to the applications.

By the way, they would expect you to move into Sydney for the summer too

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Thats unlucky but oh well, Macquarie Bank apparently isn't the best Investment Bank in Australia anymore, so there are plenty of other opportunities. Where else did you apply:)?

Yeah, I didn't get any Graduate jobs (I missed a whole heap of applications) so I am doing my Honours year next year, so technically I am still in my penultimate year;). I will have to get my act together next year so I can get applications in for all the Investment Banks:eek:.

Yeah, it is not problem for me to live in Sydney. I have some friends and relatives that live there so I can shack up with them. I need to get used to it anyway for when I finish University because there is nothing in Newcastle:).

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Thats unlucky but oh well, Macquarie Bank apparently isn't the best Investment Bank in Australia anymore, so there are plenty of other opportunities. Where else did you apply:)?

Yeah, I didn't get any Graduate jobs (I missed a whole heap of applications) so I am doing my Honours year next year, so technically I am still in my penultimate year;). I will have to get my act together next year so I can get applications in for all the Investment Banks:eek:.

Yeah, it is not problem for me to live in Sydney. I have some friends and relatives that live there so I can shack up with them. I need to get used to it anyway for when I finish University because there is nothing in Newcastle:).
I applied to UBS and Citigroup and Deschtue. I was focused more on other job opportunities within the financial planning and accounting.

Hopefully I can get employment at the Commonwealth Bank and one of the accounting firms in Sydney. As iam doing the subjects for the CA/CPA program and I also obtained employment last year as an Vacation Accountant at a mine.

Yeah, not many opportunities in Newcastle, there are a few coming up in the finance area.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
I applied to UBS and Citigroup and Deschtue. I was focused more on other job opportunities within the financial planning and accounting.

Hopefully I can get employment at the Commonwealth Bank and one of the accounting firms in Sydney. As iam doing the subjects for the CA/CPA program and I also obtained employment last year as an Vacation Accountant at a mine.
OK, yeah fair enough. Accounting is not for me at all. Good luck though:).

baker182 said:
Yeah, not many opportunities in Newcastle, there are a few coming up in the finance area.
Nothing worthwhile though. Plus I want to live in Sydney regardless:).

ND

HSC
Deutsche Bank, Global Markets, online assessment - anyone got any idea what this involves?

"This assessment will take you approximately one hour, and requires you to
complete two abilities based assessments focusing on your verbal and
numerical critical reasoning skills."

Guessing it's a IQ test type thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)