Has anyone here gone to an Ivy League University? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Tulipa said:
Well duh.

That's why I stayed here :)
Then again, the HSC sucks major cow ass...

I went out to the German International School a few weeks ago - all the students there are at least bilingual and are doing the advanced subjects in the IB. I felt so dumb. :(

55HS

HSC
My school did the IB... we're all westy penrith bogan cunts but. I think it'd be worthwhile doing your undergrad overseas if you could afford it, loved the highest quality of education and could get into some of the best schools... but Australia isn't that bad, depending on your chosen areas of interest.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Then again, the HSC sucks major cow ass...

I went out to the German International School a few weeks ago - all the students there are at least bilingual and are doing the advanced subjects in the IB. I felt so dumb. :(
The HSC is a shit system that is outdated and doesn't encourage actual learning.

On the other hand I get two degrees with a triple major for the cost of one year of university in the States.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
The HSC is a shit system that is outdated and doesn't encourage actual learning.

On the other hand I get two degrees with a triple major for the cost of one year of university in the States.
Is that half now with the exchange rate?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Tulipa said:
Yes. There was a girl on here who got accepted to Harvard and went. No joke.
Was she the dux of SGHS class of 07, because she got a full scholarship to harvard iirc.

55HS

HSC
It's not that hard to get some sort of a scholarship, at least for citizens.

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
Makro said:
Pretty sure America isn't cool enough for HECS.
Yeah I've heard it's all pay upfront. That's why lil American kiddies have college funds:p

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, there's no point going to America for undergrad. Pay exorbitant amounts upfront for a generic BA or BSc and not even assured of a place in grad school. Even for grad school, I guess it depends what you feel you'd travel for, but I wouldn't even go to America for grad school unless it was law or medicine, and then only in an Ivy League uni.

X

xeuyrawp

lala2 said:
I wouldn't even go to America for grad school unless it was law or medicine, and then only in an Ivy League uni.
hahaha. Such a lolworthy statement.

adnan91

HSC
Try cornell uni is very good. I personally wanna go on exchange for engineering either to america or britian can anyone help me with whihc uni's offer this?

X

xeuyrawp

adnan91 said:
Try cornell uni is very good. I personally wanna go on exchange for engineering either to america or britian can anyone help me with whihc uni's offer this?
To be honest, if you can't do a basic google search, you should seriously just give up.

X

xeuyrawp

adnan91 said:
Sorry, but like... You want someone to write out a full list of American and UK unis which offer engineering when you can simply do a google search for it yourself? :confused:

There's a great site that I've used which has been of help, I suggest you check it out for American questions: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/

EdmondDW

HSC
The competition is extremely hot in these universities....and u will have extremely heavy pressure...
Some of my friends told me if u do PHD in these universities, u will do GRE test and sometimes, GRE sub test for like physics and chemistry...
Meanwhile, U will prepare to work in the atmosphere of Chinese language...since soooo amny Chinese students get full scholarship in these American top students...and u find all ur classmates speak Chinese in the lab...
And to be honest, they r much better at math or logical thinking than others...and more hardworking...
So if u choose to go there, u need to work hard...and delete most socal life to keep the scholarship...:cold:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
There was a grammar guy from 06 who left his combined med place at Melbourne to study at Cornell or Princeton (he used to post a bit here).

A guy from my school went to Harvard, on a tennis scholarship...

Kittikhun

HSC
velox said:
There was a grammar guy from 06 who left his combined med place at Melbourne to study at Cornell or Princeton (he used to post a bit here).

A guy from my school went to Harvard, on a tennis scholarship...
Do Ivy League universities offer athletic scholarships? On wikipedia, it states that they don't.

X

xeuyrawp

Kittikhun said:
Do Ivy League universities offer athletic scholarships? On wikipedia, it states that they don't.
It's my understanding that they don't due to the fact that they see it as uncompetitive.

All Ivy League financial aid is merit- and need-based, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)