has anyone set up their MYUWS account?? (1 Viewer)

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
I haven't as yet, due to the fact my identity hasn't been clarified. I need to take my birth certificate to a student centre at one of the campuses so my enrolment can be fully processed. I am presuming this is the reason as to why my student number is not recognised at the moment. I am not sure though why a drivers license wasn't adequate as you need your birth certificate when you attain your license. Anyway thats my annoyance for the day...

BTW has everyone who's attended academic advising and enrolment day found the majority of people to be quite shy, or more outgoing and making conceited efforts to get to know others?.. it could've just been me, but I found most people to be rather shy and keeping to themselves (including me).. that was my take on it..

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
did ne of u policing students get ur photo taken yesterday?

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Nah I didnt have my original birth certificate, so I have to go to a Student centre at one of the campuses to get it done, did you? There were more girls there than I thought there would be, a few mature age students too...

dave_119

Banned
HSC
nope, the camera was 'apparently' broken.. i think the women didnt kno how 2 use it.....

everyone seemed 2 stay to themselves yesterday, but i think i expected that, well become more outgoing on orientation im sure

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
well, i got to the session late and i was standing at the back and man... the room was filled! i didnt fink many people would turn up! and yeh i got the gist that people were shy [as if u wouldnt be!!] and i didnt get my foto taken either [thankgod, cuz i was having a bad hair day n e ways] its just stupid now cuz we have to go to the uni again...
my account isnt working either, but i think u have to give uws 48hr or more to get it set up. but then again i didnt have my citizenship with me so mayb thats y its been postponed or wotever...
[i cant believe ppl had parents with them....]
did n e one find the session valuable? i didnt even hear n e of it and only heard bout 5minz of it at the end...
what campus is everyone going to, to get fotos taken and when? :rolleyes:

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Im going to bankstown before the 18th so I can have it finalised so I can gain a spot in the tutorials that I want...

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Did they give the policing students a big spiel on only a third of you will be left by third year?

(Because it's true, heh).

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Why is that? Are those who arent overly academic part of that group who drop out? What is the composition of the drop outs like?

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey I enrolled and everything today, didnt get my student card but, the camera was 'broken', i was told just to get it done at my campus the first week back. Anyway I tried to log onto uws using my student no. and it says that it doesnt exist!! Is this because I have to give them a few days to process me or what?? I'm a bit worried, is anybody else having this problem??

Also, yeah today people were very quiet, I tried being my usual talkative self, but they didnt want to say much!! lol I think i scared a few away, just started talking to them, freaked them out i think!

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
frog12986 said:
Why is that? Are those who arent overly academic part of that group who drop out? What is the composition of the drop outs like?
We started with 115 in 2003 - we're down to just over 30 going into third year (we have 35 students enrolled in Technology for Policing at Summer School, a core unit usually taken at the end of second year, but we're taking it in summer school due to a few technicalities).

The majority dropped out at the end of first year, either to transfer to other courses or drop out completely. I really don't know all the reasons, but for a lot of students it wasn't what they expected from the degree. It's a lot of hard work considering we only have 3 contact hours per subject (1 x 1hr lecture and 1 x 2hr tutorial).

There were a few stragglers that dropped out during second year, again because I don't think they were prepared for the core subjects that we had to study.

I'll get around to posting bits and pieces about first year subjects, maybe later tonight, just so you aren't caught completely unaware. Just a quick question - are you studying Law, Evidence and Procedure or Traffic: Safety, Crime and Management in Spring Session this year?

dre

HSC
MYuwsACCOUNT

hey guys...

It's been 5 days since i enrolled and ive been trying to log on but it doesnt let me im still not in the system??? how slow is that!!!!

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
Im the same and its really annoying me!!! You think they could do it a little faster? I sent them an email to ask what was happening and that hasnt been replied to either

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
It happens a lot at UWS - you get used to it. During the session it isn't too bad. They've got mass enrolments (like other uni's, naturally), but don't exactly have the funding to back such things. They do the best they can.

If you're pissed off now, just wait until tutorial registrations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)