Has anyone started their prelims yet? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
I was pretty happy with my results!
Business: 73/80 (1st)
English Advanced: 60/60 (1st by 11 marks :oops: I was shocked)
Chemistry: 45/75 (1st 💀 the person who came second literally got 25/75)

I have decided that I will not drop business for the HSC, and will have 12 units rather than 10 (in case I flunk the chemistry exam, I can't drop chem as it's a prereq for the course I am leaning towards atm, and I also do enjoy it)
I actually did really well in section 2 of the chemistry exam, however I fully flunked the multiple choice..... I think this honestly just came down to lack of practice under timed conditions. I did the mcq's last, which I am glad of, however I had to rush through them and thus did not do a great job.

I definitely did not apply myself to my full potential throughout year 11, I had a pretty lazy study approach (basically crammed in the days before exams) and I am definitely going to start putting in a more consistent effort for year 12.

Edit:
I mentioned this here a little while ago but I also got 74/80 (1st) in Maths Advanced, I found out today that the one other person in my class got 27 or something 😭 😭
Wow, that is extremely impressive, good job!! :D
My teachers have gone through the topics and feeling kinda nervous as well:(Imagine all these scores gonna be a part of your ATAR and if you mess up any of them....uh:/
Agh same it feels so much more real when you know that every single assessment will actually have an impact on your atar

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I was pretty happy with my results!
Business: 73/80 (1st)
English Advanced: 60/60 (1st by 11 marks :oops: I was shocked)
Chemistry: 45/75 (1st 💀 the person who came second literally got 25/75)

Edit:
I mentioned this here a little while ago but I also got 74/80 (1st) in Maths Advanced, I found out today that the one other person in my class got 27 or something 😭 😭
great job on your results!

Wow, that is extremely impressive, good job!! :D

Agh same it feels so much more real when you know that every single assessment will actually have an impact on your atar
the principal had a talk with us yesterday about that (and some of my teachers too), but at the same time i'm kind of happy i get to finish school in around 12 months time from now

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Wow, and I thought my school had lots of people in English studies

Speaking of English classes the English advanced classes at my school are now well above capacity because one of the teachers is on maternity leave and they didn’t have a replacement :(
Oh that's no good 😭 My english class being tiny is actually so nice, as everyone is able to get individual attention and feedback basically whenever we want 🙏

carrotsss

HSC
Oh that's no good 😭 My english class being tiny is actually so nice, as everyone is able to get individual attention and feedback basically whenever we want 🙏
Ahhh if only I could have a class like that 😭

On the flip side, my Maths Ext class will go from 12 people to 4 people in a few weeks 😱

HSC
I got most of my exams back today, did much better than I expected. In all of my subjects I’m now ranked first or in the top three, which is great! I’m glad they’re finally over, and while I did get favourable marks I really hope I improve my study patterns so I can smash HSC 💪 Hope Year 12 is going well for the rest of you all!

HSC
Yep, I think it’s the least my school has ever had. It’s funny, 2 (possibly 3) of us are doing ext 2 as well. I think a lot of people got scared off by low marks, eventhough low marks in ext can actually still be pretty good.

Im definitely glad about the small class though, especially because I’m friends with everyone in the class
Same, all of the extension classes at our school are small, I’m the only student in English Extension I and I’m one of two for History Extension, our Math Extension has a couple more, 6 or 7?

HSC
Wow, that’s really good, good job!
Thank you!

Only one person in English extension? Wow, and I though my school had a small English extension class
Yeah, I think the main issue was that our extension classes ran on the same lines, so math extension was at the same time as english and some students had to choose between them (and chose math). Super ridiculous lol but it’s fine

carrotsss

HSC
Yeah, I think the main issue was that our extension classes ran on the same lines, so math extension was at the same time as english and some students had to choose between them (and chose math). Super ridiculous lol but it’s fine
That’s super weird, seems like an odd decision to put them on the same line given there would be considerable overlap. On the other hand my school splitting them on a line meant we have barely any periods which is really annoying :(

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I got most of my exams back today, did much better than I expected. In all of my subjects I’m now ranked first or in the top three, which is great! I’m glad they’re finally over, and while I did get favourable marks I really hope I improve my study patterns so I can smash HSC 💪 Hope Year 12 is going well for the rest of you all!
congratulations!!!!

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I got my MX1 results today and had my first MX2 class!!!!! I got 75% which I am very happy with, and I ended up coming first in the class by about 4 or 5 marks. For MX2 it looks like I'm going to be the only person in the class o_O

carrotsss

HSC
I got my MX1 results today and had my first MX2 class!!!!! I got 75% which I am very happy with, and I ended up coming first in the class by about 4 or 5 marks. For MX2 it looks like I'm going to be the only person in the class o_O
Wow, thats very impressive, good job!

How was your first Mx2 class? Mine starts next week, and I'm so excited haha

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Wow, thats very impressive, good job!

It was quite good, slightly awkward as it was just me and the teacher and we've never really spoken for more than a few brief moments before 🤣. This teacher is really good though, and I actually requested to have them, so I'm happy! I'm actually doing my mx2 work rn, quite cool thus far, but I'm obviously in the first chapter still. We mostly just did admin type stuff today (plans, expectations, etc etc.)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Funnily enough I've only had one day of Year 12, but at least I'm going back to normal tomorrow having to catch up on homework already is a pain smh. Apparently people got their modern history/bio exams back today and yesterday, so I'm looking forward to getting those

Is your mx2 class separate to mx1? I'd honestly cry if that was the case for my school, luckily we've only just started an advanced topic (series and sequences, no 4u for a few weeks I think?)

tessa05

HSC
guys i completely failed my prelims. i barely passed chem and bio and my teacher wrote to consider dropping to standard on my math exam. IDK what to do bc the uni courses that I want to apply for need math adv but I think math is no longer my strong suit :(((

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)