Has anyone started their prelims yet? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
guys i completely failed my prelims. i barely passed chem and bio and my teacher wrote to consider dropping to standard on my math exam. IDK what to do bc the uni courses that I want to apply for need math adv but I think math is no longer my strong suit :(((
Hey don’t stress about it, it’s only year 11 so the marks don’t count for anything, and I’ve heard plenty of success stories from people who went from failing year 11 to really high atars in year 12. You just need to figure out where you went wrong in year 11 and make adjustments for year 12 to improve and you can definitely do really well.

Also, I’d definitely say keep math adv if it’s a req for uni courses. You’ll just need to put in more effort to catch up on year 11 stuff and make sure you don’t fall behind in year 12 maths. It’s a trap I see so many people fall into, the second you fall behind one lesson it becomes two lessons and then all of a sudden you're completely overwhelmed. Your number one priority should be never going into a lesson not understanding what was in the last lesson imo

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Yep, and just to put the icing on the cake we have some weird online classes with the whole diocese after school instead of regular in class lessons. It doesn’t seem like it’ll be fun, the teachers say it’s good but I don’t know if I believe them 😕
yikes, i crashed and burned really hard during lockdown last year, and even though it's just one subject online doesn't seem like fun

but i've heard of having online classes like those organised by the diocese (i think in the diocese i live in it's called school of now?), but i have a friend who does school of now for eng ext and she says the teachers chosen are always some of the best in the diocese and the classes are good)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
guys i completely failed my prelims. i barely passed chem and bio and my teacher wrote to consider dropping to standard on my math exam. IDK what to do bc the uni courses that I want to apply for need math adv but I think math is no longer my strong suit :(((
Sorry to hear that :( but carrots said, prelims don't matter, and there's definitely tons of time to improve, so I don't think you should drop. You could talk with your teacher and go through what you need to improve, or if they're adamant on you dropping, explain you need advanced as a requisite and then revise the topics you need to work on at home

HSC
I got my MX1 results today and had my first MX2 class!!!!! I got 75% which I am very happy with, and I ended up coming first in the class by about 4 or 5 marks. For MX2 it looks like I'm going to be the only person in the class o_O
That’s amazing!!!! Good job

HSC
Sorry to hear about your results, but please remember that this isn’t the end of the world! Be proud of yourself for completing them no matter what, and even if the results were not as good as you expected, you have the opportunity to reflect on where you went wrong and fix those habits so you can excel in Year 12. In terms of your University courses, are they prerequisites or assumed knowledge? I believe there are programs that help you achieve certain subjects as prerequisites, you could try that. Once again, I’m sorry to hear about your results but take it as an opportunity to learn and grow from your mistakes. You got this! I believe in you 👊

...xD

HSC
That is AMAZING! I feel like I did trash in physics, so ill be happy to get above 70%. But honestly, my teacher really isnt that good. He just reads off the Pearson physics textbook for like 40mins, and we just do the key questions at the end of the sub-chapter (there are like 8qs max). He never really teaches us, and whenever I or the class have problems answering a questions, he as well doesnt know how to solve it, and tells us he'll get back to us with the answer the next day (spoiler: he doesnt). He is a pretty chill guy, and only around 8 years older than us, so he understands our jokes and stuff, but his gleaming personality isnt gonna help me improve in physics.

Im planning on telling him this tomorrow, and just requesting that he provides more resources (books and or worksheets), and also teaching the class by showing us a ppt or doing sample questions on the board - not just reading off the textbook. I kinda wanna get everyone in the class to collectively tell him as well, so he knows its not just one person that wants help (the whole class has the same feeling, so it shouldnt be too hard)

any advice would be greatly appreciated!
our teacher just copy pastes the whole chapter into a PPT and tells us to copy it all into our books even though nobody understands anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)