HAST VS SCHOLARSHIP (1 Viewer)

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering is the Acer HAST test harder than the Acer Scholarship test?

libestraumno3

HSC
hi i sat the acer scholarship test this year for entry into year 11 2023 and got in! if you would like more info on the test feel free to ask

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
hi, i sat the Acer scholarship test this year for entry into year 11 2023 and got in! if you would like more info on the test feel free to ask
Hey, how hard was it? Because I am doing the HAST, and I have done some scholarship tests for practice and I don't know if the scholarship tests are harder or easier than the HAST.

libestraumno3

HSC
hi, it wasn't too bad in my opinion. i cant reallt say how hard it is compared to HAST since i havent sat that one. but it was pretty competitive. i tried out for selective the year before, but because of COVID, the HAST was cancelled. i only got into reserve for girra and penrith.

so these were the components in order:
  • discursive writing piece
    • i think the prompt was boredom leads to creativity. THESE AREN'T THE EXACT WORDS–– IM JUST PARAPHRASING SINCE IT WAS A WHILE AGO. i just remember writing something along those lines ^^ please don't quote me ;-;
  • humanities/english (they called it humanities instead)
    • ngl a fair bit of it was on poems; analysing, recognising techniques and just its effect on viewers
    • there was a substantial amount of reading––finished with not as much time left as i would've liked

• maths/science
    • IT DID NOT SEEM LIKE MATHS AT ALL.
    • so many images???
    • oh there's some circuit/node questions
    • i dont really remember too much of this one
    • moreso an aptitude test, just do a bunch of general ability questions ig

• creative writing piece
    • this was an image prompt - it was this fork on a road where one was leading to a cliff with the sign fake news

i scored the highest in written expression - they compressed the two in the results and my lowest was maths (no surprise there)...

idk about the HAST but i should point out that both a discursive and creative were needed.

Hey, how hard was it? Because I am doing the HAST, and I have done some scholarship tests for practice and I don't know if the scholarship tests are harder or easier than the HAST.

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
hi, it wasn't too bad in my opinion. i cant reallt say how hard it is compared to HAST since i havent sat that one. but it was pretty competitive. i tried out for selective the year before, but because of COVID, the HAST was cancelled. i only got into reserve for girra and penrith.

so these were the components in order:
  • discursive writing piece
    • i think the prompt was boredom leads to creativity. THESE AREN'T THE EXACT WORDS–– IM JUST PARAPHRASING SINCE IT WAS A WHILE AGO. i just remember writing something along those lines ^^ please don't quote me ;-;

• humanities/english (they called it humanities instead)
    • ngl a fair bit of it was on poems; analysing, recognising techniques and just its effect on viewers
    • there was a substantial amount of reading––finished with not as much time left as i would've liked

• maths/science
    • so many images???

• creative writing piece
    • this was an image prompt - it was this fork on a road where one was leading to a cliff with the sign fake news

i scored the highest in written expression - they compressed the two in the results and my lowest was maths (no surprise there)...

idk about the HAST but i should point out that both a discursive and creative were needed.
Oh Also, can you give me an example of the context of the circuit questions please?

jks22

HSC
maths/science
  • so many images???
Yeah I agree, the "math" / "science" questions are really weird, it's not something you can prepare for tbh

crochetotoro

HSC
Hi, a little late but i was wondering where u got the scholarship tests from? I think they're pretty similar to hast according to my friend so i want to use them to practice.

windows64

HSC
hi i sat the acer scholarship test this year for entry into year 11 2023 and got in! if you would like more info on the test feel free to ask
are there are alot of cube spatial reasoning questions because i think ill fail if there are

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
No spatial reasoning is scarce I don't think I had any. But there were a lot of sequence questions. Like the last two pages, we had diagrams in mixed order and we had to answer which one would be the middle one. To practice those find yourself a UCAT non-verbal reasoning booklet and spam the questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)