Hatshepsut's relationship with officials and nobles. (1 Viewer)

Netty_M

HSC
Can someone help me out with this? I'm not really sure what her relationship with the officials and nobles was like?

Carnivour

HSC
Netty_M said:
Can someone help me out with this? I'm not really sure what her relationship with the officials and nobles was like?
Dude, its an any text book about her - actually reading it will help you more.

And that's one of the areas which you can refer to about differing interpretations - some historians believe she couldnt have come to power without her powerful officials, others disagree with this remark about the influence of officials on her reign. Theres also controversy whether Senenmut was her lover etc and you can support this argument with the reliefs found of him in Djeser-Djeseru, yet some also believe that he did these reliefs of himself in stealth, and when Hatshepsut found them hidden away, thats when he was demoted, hence his sudden dissapearance.

Another point you might mention is the fact that she had officials looking after all aspects of her reign, which was fundamentally very organised - there were Thutiy/Tuy (treasurer - administration), Nehsy (chancellor who led expedition to Punt - trade/expansionism), Hapuseneb (High Priest of Amun - religion), and there was ofcourse Senenmut (who looked after architecture, and pretty much everything else, even family).

Netty_M

HSC
Thanks... I just wasn't really sure what they wanted... that's all. Cheers :)

enva

HSC
N/A
Netty if u have all your sheets i think Karen may have given out 2 key sheets on nobles

1) Officials in Hatshepsuts Reign

and

2) Senemut - this is kinda like a mind map it starts off with "Meteoric rise to power"

Lori gave them to the day/night class so afaik Karen probably gave them out to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)