Have a winge (1 Viewer)

reemz

HSC
the fact that u get all ur assessments at once....and the hsc itself..and the parents nagging..and the stupid teachers that cant teach..and the fact that u dont have time 2 do anything else...and the fact your whole year u study ur but off and then u get dissapointed at the end anyway

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
yer definately the fact that the hsc measures exam technique... and the whole fact that we actually have to do the exams... and stupid teachers that say "the hsc isnt the end off yur life"... and then in the next sentence say "but u HAVE to do well... study hard..." its sooo crap

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
dropping 2unit maths as u are failing, thinking u will be gettin 90 + in general. Then you get 60's and 70's for assessments

get_born

I dont think the HSC is bad - but the pressure is! When they told us of the HSC, how come nobody told us of the side effects. ie. the warning label:

WARNING:
In doing the HSC - students may experience behavioral patterns in people other than themselves.

-From the sweet loving parents, you have ill but you a car if you do well ( parental definition of well: 100%).
-Friends turn on you - ( i sware you want to study, your friends drop ya or pay you out hard- so much for friends) but realise its the pressure doing this to them from yrs 7-11 it was never like this)
-Some teachers show that they have more than one face.
-rollercoaster of emotions in your self and the people around you ( crying, laughing, cursing, crying, cursing, cursing, cursing)

Pace_T

HSC
The shittiest thing about the HSC to me is the uncertainty.
I have absolutely no idea how I will perform..
A fair few of you people are complaining about how your parents put a lot of pressure on you.. Woah, that's pretty new to me. Mine are just like 'do your best'. I couldn't imagine mine pressuring me to work so hard.. Hence why I don't :p

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Pace_T said:
The shittiest thing about the HSC to me is the uncertainty.
I have absolutely no idea how I will perform..
A fair few of you people are complaining about how your parents put a lot of pressure on you.. Woah, that's pretty new to me. Mine are just like 'do your best'. I couldn't imagine mine pressuring me to work so hard.. Hence why I don't :p
i so feel the same way bout the uncertainty part...
i'm also in the same situation with regards to parents...

my parents have never pressured me into studying... yeh they pritty much tell me to do my best as well... My dad told me what he thinks i will get (not what he expects what he thinks i'll get judging by my marks....)... it wasn't extremely high nor was it low... it was actually quite good... anyways... i think if my parents were to push me to study and stuff i'd be locked in my room pretending to study gazing at the ceiling or something... so i'm happy i have that kind of freedom...

as to "I'll bye u a car" personally i'd prefer to save up for my own car... probably bye my parents a car rather than them bye me one...

I agree with last_chance on the side effects of the HSC... especially with the following
"some teachers show that they have more than one face" (to an extent).....

Yeh boy does the word JOURNEY get annoying.. lol

anyways... seriously the most annoying thing about the HSC is people adding to the pressure because of stupid things that won't get u anywhere in life (such as school jersies and formals and stuff, things that don't play a role in how well u perfrom in ur HSC).... yeh things like that are awesome i can't wait for the formal.. and i can't wait to get my jersy.... but seriously stressing over the formal...! for example... the formal is a celebratation after the hard work and tiresome year of the HSC and to get together with freinds and stuff blah blah blah di da....... how will u enjoy the formal if by the end of the year u have nothing to be happy about...

It kills me when i see conflict over things like that...

the worst thing that can happen during the HSC year is stuffing up ur psychological state of mind... if u enter and leave with a postive mentality everything will be in ur favour... whether u succeed in the HSC is determined by ur psychological approach in general and to specific situations encountered every day...

we need to stay positive... positive... positive... (i know u may think it's not that easy.. but in reality it is).... conflict arises due to our psychological state of mind...etc.etc...... stay positive people...

get_born

physician, im not gonna quote everything you said, but about the whole pshychologiacl state of mind part, im pretty postive, and have been, but ive just had it, because even under pressure friends shouldnt become two faced, lying hypocrits...anyways im 100% into my studies now as the world has given me a wake up call. Some of us have been tossed around one too many times...and as for the formal, i wont be worrying about that - as i wont be going! Oh yeah and i cant wait for the jerseys... TRUST NO1 is what im thinking of putting on the back. Cant wait till yr 12 is over!

physician

HSC
last_chance said:
physician, im not gonna quote everything you said, but about the whole pshychologiacl state of mind part, im pretty postive, and have been, but ive just had it, because even under pressure friends shouldnt become two faced, lying hypocrits...anyways im 100% into my studies now as the world has given me a wake up call. Some of us have been tossed around one too many times...and as for the formal, i wont be worrying about that - as i wont be going! Oh yeah and i cant wait for the jerseys... TRUST NO1 is what im thinking of putting on the back. Cant wait till yr 12 is over!
Not going to the formal....? It's kind of sad when stuff like that happens over childish things.. (freinds turning against u and stuff)....

well.. don't make a decision as to whether ur going or not.. from now...

just don't worry about it for the time being... forget about it.. which u've seemingly allready done...

yeh i sort of recently got a wake up call.. realising just how cruel people can be....

anyways... positive yes! positive!...

anyways.. in the end my formal will be the UAI i recieve... whether it's excellent or poor.. will determine just how exciting my formal will be (by formal i mean celebration and in both cases i will be happy)...

if i go good.. i'll go to uni.. if not then i have other plans...

what i plan to do if i go bad is something i plan to do even if i go good... except if i go good i'll be doing it after my degree... if i go bad.. they'll sort of switch around.. and i may enter uni as a mature student....

Pace_T

HSC
Of course you aren't going to put all high cut off courses into your preference list. Don't forget that you got heaps of other courses you can get into and it's not the end if you don't get into your #1 preference, hehe. From there on, there's transfers and stuff like that, so it's not the end of the world :)

physician

HSC
Pace_T said:
Of course you aren't going to put all high cut off courses into your preference list. Don't forget that you got heaps of other courses you can get into and it's not the end if you don't get into your #1 preference, hehe. From there on, there's transfers and stuff like that, so it's not the end of the world :)
lol.. ithink that was directed at me.. anyways..

i was speaking worst case scenario... well actually not worst case probably if i get under 70... almost worst case... my other option was overseas study.. so in both cases... i will be doing study here and study overseas... so what i get will probably detremine which i do first...

Pace_T

HSC
Hehe, I was speaking generally.
You won't get 70 lol.. more like 95+

jessied

HSC
i suppose this is a good cause for a winge... cheating in assessment tasks.... anyone been the victim of it?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
being number 1 in a course in year 11 only to find that because the teacher now has no faith in your ability anymore your rank has dropped *cough*drama*cough*

teachers making 5 assessment tasks due on the same day, and then not giving a shit when we complain about how much work we have to do

Teachers thinking that their subject is the ONLY one you do, so therefore we must have lots of homework because we have nothing better to do than their homework.

PRESSURE

Friends turning on you.. being bitches to you one minute but then the night before an assessment is due they are on the internet asking all types of questions on what to do and then trying to make conversation asking how i am and how im handling everything - only to not talk to me at all for the next 5 weeks.

Doing a video drama for individual project in drama only to have the main actor NEVER available to do filming - with only 7 weeks until the thing is due

EXPECTATIONS

The fact that our grade has an average UAI (predicted on the careers advisors UAI estimator) of 30

the whole fucking piece of crap amount of work we have to do in 4 terms to be tested on how well we perform in an exam. What an excellent idea! thankyou department of education!

*sigh* i apologise if that was long and whiny..

tomcats 72

HSC
wow. I thought I had a lot of stress. At least your friends pretend to be friends for a while, mine can't even be bothered doing that.

jessied

HSC
tomcats 72 said:
wow. I thought I had a lot of stress. At least your friends pretend to be friends for a while, mine can't even be bothered doing that.
what is it with friends being really bitchy in year 12, well atleast people you thought were your friends...?? my attitude towards them, although its not that positve is "hey, im never going to see you again in 4 months time so why should i try be nice to you now!" dont know if its the best attitude but its getting me through the really bitchy times!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
jessied said:
what is it with friends being really bitchy in year 12, well atleast people you thought were your friends...?? my attitude towards them, although its not that positve is "hey, im never going to see you again in 4 months time so why should i try be nice to you now!" dont know if its the best attitude but its getting me through the really bitchy times!
thats upsetting too! the fact that in less than 6 months, we will never see these people again and they just dont care..

monique66

yeah, heaps of my friends are fighting...exam pressure does stuff to ppl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)