have you/when will you start studying for Prelim? (1 Viewer)

xoxo

HSC
Prelims are approximately 5 weeks away.
All my teachers are saying we should have started studying ages ago and that we really need to knuckle down blah blah blah

but has anyone actually started? or will it be a night before "oh shit i better study" job.

myself, i have sorta gone over some stuff...for one subject...wrote some notes...but then got bored and gave up.

so what about you guys?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
You can't "leave it to the last night" for prelim and hsc, it's just not worth it. Daily study lessens the stress that gets packed into the last few weeks until exams.

I've made a study routine since the last week of term 1 (and I hardly ever studied in previous years), so that I can prepare myself throughout prelim and especially for the HSC. The first few weeks of getting into a study routine is always hard, because you need to motivate yourself etc etc, but remember that it will pay off in the end, not just in your results but also in your further studies at uni etc.

Some people hate the word 'study' so they prefere the word 'revision'...nonetheless it's all about learning the stuff, understanding the stuff, and memorising the stuff into your long term memory.
If you get bored, then just do a quick 'test yourself' of the stuff that needs to be learnt, and if you see any areas that you need improving on then you need to work hard and get that stuff into your head! :)

Sofstar

HSC
My prelims are 7 school days away. Dahhh! I'm still writing notes, cept now......man the net is evil. I will study soon..... Kinda sucks that we're just finalising learning stuff that will be in the exam.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xoxo said:
All my teachers are saying we should have started studying ages ago and that we really need to knuckle down blah blah blah

but has anyone actually started? or will it be a night before "oh shit i better study" job.

myself, i have sorta gone over some stuff...for one subject...wrote some notes...but then got bored and gave up.

so what about you guys?
i remember when i was back in year 11 at this time, i was actually studying for the prelims, stressing that i wouldn't be able to finish everything in time. With hindsight, i wish i just relaxed and enjoyed my last days of year 11 as i now realised how useless it was lolz and have begun to appericate every min of free time i get haha.

But, i digress. You should study, but don't get to the point where you're killing yourself. It helps to keep you motivated if you have great ranks and mark when entering year 12, as you want to sustain similar marks/ranks throughout the next few terms.

Last edited:

xoxo

HSC
Sofstar said:
My prelims are 7 school days away. Dahhh! I'm still writing notes, cept now......man the net is evil. I will study soon..... Kinda sucks that we're just finalising learning stuff that will be in the exam.
7 days! so early! but hope u go well.
:)

but yeh motivation is my biggest problem. i never was much of a study person...tho i have tried my hardest this year...*sigh* oh well

goodluck everyone

Agywaggy

HSC
xoxo said:

so what about you guys?
My teachers have said exactly the same things. i've got some notes for a couple of subjects but other subjects i haven't touched the notes.
But i find it realli hard to do assignment/ assessments, study every night and do homework and then on top of all that all the little thing teachers want essays and so on. Its hard!
And like you i hve eith none or very little motivation and when i do hve motivation it doesn't last very long.

Goodluck Everyone!!!

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, when I was in Year 11....lol. Only started absorbing my neatly typed up summaries the week before and didn't attempt at least a good quarter of my exams :eek: for most subjects because of my lack of knowledge. Year 11 produced the worst sets of results I have ever seen (roughly the same as uni results, but at least all you have to do at uni is pass! :)) Never to do that again....good thing I learnt that lesson quickly in time for Year 12 :D And now at uni! :D:D:D:D So, the moral of the story is, don't leave it till the last minute!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
f3nr15 said:
I officially found there is NO point studying, its either I know and I can elaborate, or absolutely nothing at all ...
I don't know about you, but studying helps me to do well at school, well I guess we're all different. Studying doesn't take up much time either! :D

anniea89

HSC
my prelims start in week 9, so I'm going to officially start studying this weekend. It gives me around 5 weeks revision.

w00dy.

HSC
luckily our prelims start in week 10 and go through to week 11. i plan on making a start on the note writing and such, but that shall come after this/next week. plus in week 6 we get a revision week for those who arent attending the jindabyne excursion. so we shall get a little head start on all that

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Haha I don't want to study :( Going through the syllabus is pretty boring...

xoxo

HSC
w00dy. said:
luckily our prelims start in week 10 and go through to week 11.
yeh thats the same as us. i just cant wait for the assessment free period two weeks before hand, man that will be total bliss....with lots of study of course.

yoakim said:
Haha I don't want to study :( Going through the syllabus is pretty boring...
im contemplating whether or not to do that...but i think in the end i really wont b bothered.

what are the exams you guys are most worried about?

mine wood probably be eng ext - coz we are supposed to have done 3 assessment task so far - we have only done one....
then maths ext....coz i always get complete mind blanks in those tests
n then italian...the listening...i find that the hardest

you?

Chocolat

HSC
Well...lately I've been studied a lot for my HSC Portuguese Continuers Oral tomorrow...but my internal school Year 11 exams are coming up in 2 weeks! Even though I have like commenced studying, it's nowhere near enough...particularly for Chemistry...:( I've promised to start seriously studying after tomorrow...but we'll see if that comes to fruition and I don't sucummb to procastination :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)