Have your study goals actually stuck? (1 Viewer)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Have you made any goals in general for this HSC year?
i.e. Study for X hours per day, Improve in Y subject

Have you stuck to/fulfilled such goals?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Not even close to my initial goals and expectations lol, but that was expected. This is mainly about goals for holiday study if it makes any difference.

yahyah123

HSC
Nope! My initial goals were to study 2+ hours a day and I have probably done only 2 hours all up.

Aysce

HSC
Have you made any goals in general for this HSC year?
i.e. Study for X hours per day, Improve in Y subject

Have you stuck to/fulfilled such goals?
Even though I'm not a 2013'er, there isn't any other thread for me to post my progress :(

So if you don't mind: Study goals have stuck so far - chemistry is on track and UMAT preparation is also becoming more of a frequent thing. Physics on the other hand, I have hardly done anything due to how much time I have to spend on particularly chemistry.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Even though I'm not a 2013'er, there isn't any other thread for me to post my progress :(

So if you don't mind: Study goals have stuck so far - chemistry is on track and UMAT preparation is also becoming more of a frequent thing. Physics on the other hand, I have hardly done anything due to how much time I have to spend on particularly chemistry.
so you're not a 2013'er but why the chem/physics study (it says you did HSC in 2012)?

Aysce

HSC
so you're not a 2013'er but why the chem/physics study (it says you did HSC in 2012)?
Chemistry I guess I do it out of interest and I need to learn it for my course anyways. Physics is the same though I'd rather not completely use all my spare time to focus on studying. I'd rather not bridge either as it will probably be quite stressful for me before uni even begins but I think this is going to be the case for physics :/

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Chemistry I guess I do it out of interest and I need to learn it for my course anyways. Physics is the same though I'd rather not completely use all my spare time to focus on studying. I'd rather not bridge either as it will probably be quite stressful for me before uni even begins but I think this is going to be the case for physics :/
I remember seeing you giving estimates quite some time ago, believe you may have even estimated me. What was your final atar? Still overall aiming for med?

Aysce

HSC
I remember seeing you giving estimates quite some time ago, believe you may have even estimated me. What was your final atar? Still overall aiming for med?
97.45 :l

Of course. There are many things I did wrong in year 11 and 12 so I guess I have uni to redeem myself :p

Though let's not steal Sy123's thread and stay on topic.

Last edited:

Magical Kebab

HSC
97.45 :l

Of course. There are many things I did wrong in year 11 and 12 so I guess I have uni to redeem myself :p

Though let's not steal Sy123's thread and stay on topic.
Are you happy or unhappy about that?

ncoul

HSC
Two more weeks left, definitely on track to completely everything I assigned; Bar noting the whole legal textbook - that shit takes too long

starshine02

HSC
I've only fulfilled a few of my 'progress goals' but I guess that's alright.

Study goals are way harder to stick to though.

Magical Kebab

HSC
I guess you could say I'm satisfied with my ATAR. Not happy nor upset but it's only a thing of the past now.
Fair enough. I was just wondering because I'd be extremely happy with that ATAR.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Advice for 2013ers-I think the most important mark of getting through HSC year is being able to reassess and reevaluate your goals along the way. Are they realistic? Why didn't you reach this particular goal? What can you do from now on to remedy this?

Don't beat yourself up-it can be hard to know what is actually realistic study goals with so much hype around the HSC. You gotta trust in yourself a bit more and just go with it.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Advice for 2013ers-I think the most important mark of getting through HSC year is being able to reassess and reevaluate your goals along the way. Are they realistic? Why didn't you reach this particular goal? What can you do from now on to remedy this?

Don't beat yourself up-it can be hard to know what is actually realistic study goals with so much hype around the HSC. You gotta trust in yourself a bit more and just go with it.
Especially on this website. I mean don't get me wrong, the pressure and competitiveness is good but you sometimes get lost if you go to a bad school (like me). DUX at my school got like 96 this year... I mean I'd be over the moon with that but when looking at the ATARs achieved by the 2012ers on this website, you realise the calibre of some students, how some on here get 'depressed' not ranking in the top ten of a 3unit selective school cohort, or some get depressed over 'only' achieving an ATAR of 95. The key thing is to really know where you are at and be happy that even though you're not achieving results similar to some on this website, acknowledge that you have put in 100% effort and achieved what you have.

Just my 2 cents on what LHS said. Now back to the point of the thread.

I haven't achieved my goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)