Health & Physical Activity (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey guys, i'm really having troubles with this question for my assignment ' Why do people's health and physical activity vary according to their socio-cultural, socio-economic , and environmental factors.
Thankx guys

Cab31

HSC
Health is a really dynamic term. It means different things to different people and it is constantly changing. Likewise, Physical activity means different things to different people. For example, a boy in a third world country (i.e. low socioeconomic status) may regard physical activity as daily work to survive. Where as a young boy growing up in Australia would refer to it as playing sport - due to the culture, and socioeconomically stable environment he lives in. Environmental considerations vary because of what is available in the area that you live in. For some people, Physical activity is simply part of their every day life - in new york people tend to walk everywhere because they have no where to park their cars. Etc.
:)

becbo

HSC
also.. people with a low SES status have reduced access to facilities and services such as gyms as they cannot afford it. where as people with a high SES status can by gym equipment for their house and go to the local gym, join sports groups etc..

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
It's basically asking you 'How do social determinants affect health?' With this in mind it shouldn't be too difficult to look it up in a PDHPE textbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)