Health Sciences/Immunisations (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
whos done it and did they go to USyd to get it?

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I've done mine already, u can get them at ur family doctor....it's very simple......u need to get those 5 vaccinations and get the doctor to verify that ur immunised against those diseases.

All of them r vaccinations except polio...which u havta drink a drop of pink liquid...the doctor will show u.

What course r u doing at Health Sciences? I'm doing Medical Radiation :)

Kittycat

HSC
Oh yeah, I am still getting them done (despite having them ALL before...I lost the proof *sign*)

Wildmage

I got some done... I had a little card that listed all the ones I needed to get... But when I did Clinicals, no-one asked for it, I know we do it for our own good... but, ppl just don't care!!!!

Wildmage

Yeah, at my clinicals place, they didn't (Fairfield Hospital), and they didn't even notice my First Aid Certificate! But that was a good thing, I didn't remember anything from the class! lol

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
What course r u doing at Health Sciences? I'm doing Medical Radiation :)
sounds interesting, i know someone doing the course

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Yeah...im lookin forward to it...heard we get jobs str8 away cos of high demand....there r 3 streams in medical radiation.....nuclear, diagnostic and radiation therapy......but im doing diagnostic rad. :)

lengstar

HSC
bugger i wanted to do that. i'm transferring next year if i don't get pharmacy. i went to my GP and he didn't know jack shit. i remember i had a boost in primary i he didn't even list it down -_- then there were shot i got at school and the shots you get as a baby so he didn't know what the hell was going on so i just got the shots again.

Wildmage

Oh, do Radiography! I'm a 2nd year in that course and it's fun fun fun! OMG! It's pretty high-tech stuff 'cause we upgraded our system in Cumbo- out with the old "dark room" setting and in with the new computerised system! No more film... which is a pity 'cause I still have my very first pic (which was a chest of a phantom ("dummy")... *sigh sigh* Oh well... no more memories...

Wildmage

No, no concerns. It's up to the individual... you really have to make sure that your radiation dose is minimal. But, we have PRMs (Personal Radiation Monitors) which monitor how much radiation we get, when it gets analysed and they see that we're getting too much, there will be an investigation and we may end up with a free holiday! Yeah.... I'm not concerned, really... you don't get that much radiation anyways- the precentages are really small...

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
:) yeah....i think ppl who don't work in the field overestimate what it does and sensationalise or make a big deal....i don't think it's harmful at all for u to mutate, none is better than n e but we get radiation everday, from sun, computer, tv, metals...and believe it or not interacting with ppl too!!!! :):)

Kittycat

HSC
lol, I know what you guys mean. When I said I wanted to Diag. Radiography some time ago, my parents friends were going 'Nooo! Too much radiations'. Well, I obviously didn't get the uai for it.

Wildmage

Definetly, and that's why we have jobs! 'Cause ppl are so afraid of it!
Nah, Radiography is really worth every cent we have to pay... it has a strong medical-background, so it's excellent preparation for Med (if anyone's interested)... I mean, just today, I did a prac where I looked at human reproductive systems (yes, REAL penises and vagina's)... smelly... and everything was just so dead *duh!*... lol

Kittycat

HSC
lol, I would have loved to do it if there wasn't so much physics. I really hate Physics.

U serious about REAL penises and vaginas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)