Healthy food to pack for work (1 Viewer)

stickywages

HSC
N/A
If you work for long hours with only 1 hour in between to eat, what's the best food to pack to eat for work?

Preferably those that don't require re-heating and are healthy (hardly processed at all).

PS: You won't have much time to have "snacks" later on, so potentially food that would give you long-lasting energy.. (other than wholewheat bread)

Thank you so much!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
get one of those lunchboxes with an icebrick and then you have more options you can take with you and it wont go off.
- yogurt and fruit
- pasta you could make a cold pasta salad with pesto, vegies, tuna ham
- rice (low gi is better)
- wholegrain rice crackers or biscuits (like vita weats grain snacks) and dip
- vita wheats with spreads or you can have them with canned fish to get your omegas

rozymisty

HSC
How about if your doing night shift? Im doing my first one now at a hospital and its quiet. Had some lasagne before coming and then left the rest of my food on the bench god dam it! Oh well, got lollies and jellybeans to get me through the rest of the shift. Dont want something heavy, coz i know that im gng to be sick after going home. Will certainly be sleeping in. And then I got to do another 2 nights...plus move..fun!!!

quik.

HSC
For regular days (uni and stuff) I make chicken wraps (chicken/lettuce/cheese), tuna salad and fruit salad. Tasteh + heaps cheap.

For long work shifts (12 hours) I usually make more of the same and take a big protein shake as well. I'll have some of the shake at first cos it'll get stuff where it's needed quicker, and the regular food keeps me ticking over till next break.

Edit: Forgot to mention. This stuffs prep time is wicked low as well, heaps of options are. No excuses for walking to kfc or whatever :p

tlodg

HSC
N/A
quik. said:
For regular days (uni and stuff) I make chicken wraps (chicken/lettuce/cheese), tuna salad and fruit salad. Tasteh + heaps cheap.

For long work shifts (12 hours) I usually make more of the same and take a big protein shake as well. I'll have some of the shake at first cos it'll get stuff where it's needed quicker, and the regular food keeps me ticking over till next break.

Edit: Forgot to mention. This stuffs prep time is wicked low as well, heaps of options are. No excuses for walking to kfc or whatever :p
Thank you :)

You made me smile..

very warm-hearted post about my fav food.

moleskine

HSC
I'm all about the turkey cheese and avo sandwich. And some fruit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)