• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hecs and units... (1 Viewer)

boris2003

HSC
What the, on the mysr thing, it says that i will get an option to pay partiall payment of $500, if i don't it will be deferred to my TFN, i think i clicked on the correct buttons, as i triple checked to make sure that i was right. When did this issue arise anyways, i haven't received an inovice yet, its been 2 weeks since i enrolled

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
boris2003 said:
What the, on the mysr thing, it says that i will get an option to pay partiall payment of $500, if i don't it will be deferred to my TFN, i think i clicked on the correct buttons, as i triple checked to make sure that i was right. When did this issue arise anyways, i haven't received an inovice yet, its been 2 weeks since i enrolled
Yeah, i only get mine yesterday and it was dated a month ago. You might wana email them about it.

krisspy

HSC
boris2003 said:
Yep, ive inquired about the Full payment and Partial payment mix up in person, by phone and by email. What they said is that if you have provided your TFN and you've chosen full payment the ammount you dont pay will go to HECS. So you basically dont need to pay the full amount.

I got an email of them saying this so incase my enrolment gets cancelled :)

boris2003

HSC
krisspy said:
Yep, ive inquired about the Full payment and Partial payment mix up in person, by phone and by email. What they said is that if you have provided your TFN and you've chosen full payment the ammount you dont pay will go to HECS. So you basically dont need to pay the full amount.

I got an email of them saying this so incase my enrolment gets cancelled :)
So if i selected partial, that means that partial was full upfront, oh i better call them , if i get a chance

Wooz said:
Yeah, i only get mine yesterday and it was dated a month ago. You might wana email them about it.
If it was dated a month ago, shouldn't i wait until the 12th March then:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
boris2003 said:
So if i selected partial, that means that partial was full upfront, oh i better call them , if i get a chance

If it was dated a month ago, shouldn't i wait until the 12th March then:lol:
No like i said before they screwed up and since you elected for partial payments you will be able to pay a partial contribution.

Hope not, i'd prob contact them and try to get them to send it early.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Ok so I rocked up to my Campbelltown campus yesterday and the lady there told me to email them. So this is what I got:

"As your Tax File Number is recorded on UWS records any amounts that you do not pay upfront will automatically deferred to the Australian Taxation Office. Therefore you do not need to change your Commonwealth Assistance Form on MySR."

So what I gathered from that and what you guys have been talking about, do I need to go to myuws and change my payment method and make sure it updates it and wait for a new invoice or do I leave things the way they are and just pay whatever amount I feel like and the rest will automatically go to HECS. The email wasn't too clear about that and the fact that is said "you do not need to change your Commonwealth Assistance Form on MySR" doesn't help either.

Last edited:

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hey Guys
Ok so here is how it works….
Make sure you have supplied your TAX FILE NUMBER (you can check this on the Student Fees Account – Tax invoice and Advice of Enrolment – it should say ‘YES’ under the heading TFN Supplied).

IF you have supplied the TFN then there is no need for concern – don’t worry about the fact that it asks for a minimum amount due it honestly doesn’t matter.

Those that have supplied the TFN now have the following choices:
- Make no payment (just keep the invoice for your records) and the entire amount (the ‘assessed amount’) will defer to Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Make a partial payment – if you make a payment of $500 or more then you will receive a 20% discount on the amount you have paid AND whatever is left with be transferred to your debt with the ATO.
- You can pay the whole ‘student amount’ (as is shown on you student fees account) which is 80% of the assessed amount (also shown on your student fees account).
- For more information on Commonwealth support and HECS HELP, and who is eligible to defer their studies using HECS HELP, please go to www.goingtouni.gov.au

Any payments need to be made prior to the 31st of MARCH (census date).
SO double check you have put your TFN on the E- CAF step in MySR and you will have all of the above options available to you.

New invoices are sent out on a weekly basis to students who have made enrolment changes in MySR. So don’t stress if your invoice is not reflecting your current enrolment – you will get an updated invoice soon. IF you want one straight away, email enrolments@uws.edu.au (from your student email account), and they will email you a new invoice.
All students receive an invoice at the beginning of each semester and if you don’t make any unit enrolment changes, you wont be sent subsequent invoices.

If in doubt, call the UWS Student Information Line / MySR Helpline on 1300 668 370.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)