HECS fee + Bridging courses qns (1 Viewer)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
I've been reading the HECS-Help 2009 booklet. Hah, so much for the 'help' bit. Its actually gotten me even more confused than I need to be. Does everybody get a CSP place if they're eligible? Can somebody just simplify the info into more easier info to digest? What's a provider? Ugh...><

Okie, about bridging courses....How do you enrol in one? When do they start?
I'm so confused (yes, imagine spirals in my eyes)...

Help? :cold:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
~Fire Jade~ said:
I've been reading the HECS-Help 2009 booklet. Hah, so much for the 'help' bit. Its actually gotten me even more confused than I need to be. Does everybody get a CSP place if they're eligible? Can somebody just simplify the info into more easier info to digest? What's a provider? Ugh...><

Okie, about bridging courses....How do you enrol in one? When do they start?
I'm so confused (yes, imagine spirals in my eyes)...

Help? :cold:
as of 2009 enrolments, all uni students will enrol in a commonwealth-supported place (CSP). under this system, you contribute a certain amount to the cost of your education, and the government pays the rest. this system is called HECS - higher education contribution scheme.

you have a choice as to whether to pay your fees upfront, or defer them and pay them back later once you start working fulltime. if you pay upfront, you get a 20% discount. however, most people defer their fees to HELP, which is the higher education loans program. how this works is that when you enrol you give the uni your tax file number, and then once you graduate and your income reaches a certain amount (something like $40000, i think) you'll have to pay a bit of extra tax each year until you pay off your debt.

'provider' is just a fancy bureaucratic term for your university.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
OMG, thank *you* so much, Triangulum...it makes alot more sense now! Could I ask you a few more questions? Do you know what SLE (student learning entitlement) is? And what is EFTSL (Equivalent full time student load)? So many acronyms....

spence

HSC
~Fire Jade~ said:
OMG, thank *you* so much, Triangulum...it makes alot more sense now! Could I ask you a few more questions? Do you know what SLE (student learning entitlement) is? And what is EFTSL (Equivalent full time student load)? So many acronyms....
SLE refers to how much HECS support you're entitled to, but I'm not sure how much we get.
And 1 EFTSL is the standard yearly load for a full time student (48 CP in most cases)

konkzz

HSC
Is interest charged if I'm enrolling through HECs ?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No, but HECS debt is indexed to the CPI.

Last edited:

konkzz

HSC
What does that mean ? Sorry, I don't understand. =/

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No there is no interest, but the amount is indexed to inflation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)