Help about 2nd year math (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, im about to go into 2nd year adv science. i want to major in pure maths so i picked to do vector calculus and real/complex analysis this semester. turns out analysis clashes with my two other subjects, anatomy and physiology. so im thinking of changing analysis to graph theory. only problem is that the intermediate handbook says i should pick analysis for pure maths. Does anyone know if i will still be able to do pure maths without it?

thanks

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It's probably a good idea to do Analysis for pure maths but it's not compulsory. The mathematics major doesn't distinguish much between pure and applied, this distinction only happens in honours.

jtyler

HSC
I'll just add that analysis and algebra are probably the two most challenging 2nd year maths courses and thus undoubtedly the most interesting (and rewarding).

HSC
So what do you reckon i should do? Go into the uni and ask if i can work around it or something. or because its such a bad clash ( all 4 lectures clashs with either anatomy or physiology), should i just change into graph theory, which to me sounds quite a bit more boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)