HELP!! about the differences between year 11 and 12 (1 Viewer)

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
What is the difference between a three unit english course in year 11 and a three unit english course in year 12? is it the same or is year 12 harder???

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The Year 11 course is the preliminary course and covers different material.

It's compulsory if you want to study English Extension 1 in Year 12.

The Year 12 course isn't designed to be more difficult - it just follows on from where the preliminary course left off.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Lazarus may have lefted you a bit.

Year 11 - Many topics.
Year 12 - 1 topic.

Personally, I found Year 12 EngExt1 a lot easier. Fair enough, there's more work, but if you have a great elective it's mucho fun. REVENGE TRAGEDY MADE ME REALISE MY TRUE, MASOCHISTIC POTENTIAL! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
We only had the one topic in preliminary ext-1, we did appropriation looking at genesis, utopia, arcadia etc.

I can safely say that appropriation was easier than postmodernism is (on the other hand postmodernism is much more interesting) so in my case year 11 ext-1 english was a lot easier than year 12 ext-1 english.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i regret dropping extension english. had i known that it was only one topic, bah.

well i guess i should have kept it no matter what. well if you did mrs dalloway in prelims, you would too, considering how the teacher is such a feminist. we were gonna do pride and prejudice, i mean c'mon, if doing dalloway wasn't bad enough?!

pig_93

HSC
yeah year 11 and 12.
some ppl say 11 is harder but gee i disagree
not only do u have more assessments, u also know in the back of your mind that you have your hsc at the end of the year.

already it has been a very stressful and emotional year and i dont think im alone! the things they put us through when we're only like 16, 17 and 18 is crazy!

value year 11 like a baby!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)