HELP ASAP: How does belonging challenge an individual? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello,
Can someone please explain to me how belonging can challenge an individual

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
one can be challenged by another's sense of belonging. like in "as you like it" the obvious one is the conflicting nature of the aristocracy's attachment to the order of the court, in contrast to the shepherd's sense of belonging to the more simplistic pastoral landscape. which text are you studying?

ac91

HSC
Belonging can challenge an individuals morals and beliefs. The desire for an individual to belong can make an individual defy their morals (effectively challenging them.)

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
Hello,
Can someone please explain to me how belonging can challenge an individual
Belonging can challenge an individual if they do not or cannot conform. Belonging is a very fluid feeling as it can change over time, meaning that it is not fixed. Through this speculation, one can see that it may hinder one's sense of belonging i.e. failure to belong to a group of people, something or someone. An individual may also choose not to belong, as belonging is an option, not an obligation. This connotes that the individual disregards what has been said or is being said and prefers a path which differs to the liking of the majority or minority - depending on the circumstances and conditions. So as the individual defies this bonding, he/she is in the process of making a moral choice between being a part of it or being an outsider. This evidently identifies how belonging can challenge someone's sense of emotional, social and historical beliefs.
pew :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)