Help Breaking Down Question (1 Viewer)

goldenboot

HSC
I recently received my essay/extended response question for legal studies (family topic):

Assess the role of the law in providing remedies to deal with at least two of the following issues:
- Alternative Family Arrangements
- Relationships Between Parents and Children
- The Dissolution of Marriage

The "role of the law" bit is what throws me though because my teacher accompanied the question with this note:

Think about the role of the law in terms of:
- Creating Social Order
- Reflecting the Morals and Values of Society
- Creating Justice

Is this question simply asking me to assess the legal remedies dealing with these issues or, is it asking me to make a judgment on the role of the law (i.e. how important it is) in providing legal remedies for these issues?

bored6

HSC
goldenboot said:
I recently received my essay/extended response question for legal studies (family topic):

Assess the role of the law in providing remedies to deal with at least two of the following issues:
- Alternative Family Arrangements
- Relationships Between Parents and Children
- The Dissolution of Marriage

The "role of the law" bit is what throws me though because my teacher accompanied the question with this note:

Think about the role of the law in terms of:
- Creating Social Order
- Reflecting the Morals and Values of Society
- Creating Justice

Is this question simply asking me to assess the legal remedies dealing with these issues or, is it asking me to make a judgment on the role of the law (i.e. how important it is) in providing legal remedies for these issues?
Both by the looks of it; with more emphasis on the former.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)