HELP! Chem practical test on Mod 1 and 2 (1 Viewer)

Clueless0182

HSC
Hi guys,

I have a Chem practical skills assessment coming up next week so could anyone who has done a prac test on Mod 1 or 2 or generally chem in senior years please give me some advice. Idk what to study as pracs don't focus on theory.
Also my notification says both Mod 1 and Mod 2 are assessable. How true would this since we alr had an assessment task on Mod 1 (radioactivity).
And general tips and pointer would be extremely helpful
If you have any ideas of what type of pracs would be possible, types of questions would be asked and how to answer them effectively, please do share.

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
Hi guys,

I have a Chem practical skills assessment coming up next week so could anyone who has done a prac test on Mod 1 or 2 or generally chem in senior years please give me some advice. Idk what to study as pracs don't focus on theory.
Also my notification says both Mod 1 and Mod 2 are assessable. How true would this since we alr had an assessment task on Mod 1 (radioactivity).
And general tips and pointer would be extremely helpful
If you have any ideas of what type of pracs would be possible, types of questions would be asked and how to answer them effectively, please do share.

Have a look at your assessment notification, there should be some clues as to what practical you may have. Additionally, practice answering accuracy, reliability, and validity questions. Practice your graphing skills too.

Clueless0182

HSC
Have a look at your assessment notification, there should be some clues as to what practical you may have
It is extremely vague. The only useful info it gives it that there will be an analysis or primary and secondary data and them some general instructions then there 8 dot points that would be assessed.

I was just wondering if practising prac skills would be enough or should i be completely thorough w the theory of mod 1 and 2 as well.

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
It is extremely vague. The only useful info it gives it that there will be an analysis or primary and secondary data and them some general instructions then there 8 dot points that would be assessed.

I was just wondering if practising prac skills would be enough or should i be completely thorough w the theory of mod 1 and 2 as well.
After looking at what module 1 and 2 are, I think it is highly likely that your practical would be some sort of gravimetric analysis prac. (Figuring out %composition of mixtures).

HSC
Gravimetric analysis is very common. Particularly salt/sand separation. Rates of reaction is another one. Probably will then be related to some mole calcs.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
yep - also go through the notification and highlight any dotpoints that have "conduct investigations" or something similar --> then try to sum up a list for accuracy, reliability and validity....

Clueless0182

HSC
Thanks for your advice guys. The teacher who made the exam apparently said the experiment, if done correctly, would take less than 5 minutes. Do u guys have any idea what this could be?

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
Thanks for your advice guys. The teacher who made the exam apparently said the experiment, if done correctly, would take less than 5 minutes. Do u guys have any idea what this could be?
hmm if its gonna take less than 5 min then what i think is very likely is just separation of salt and sand. Just dissolving salt in water and then filtering it out. I can't think of any other prac that'll take this amount of time,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)