Help deciding majors within course (1 Viewer)

Varin9

HSC
Hi i intend to complete a bachelor of commerce course at usyd, and would appreciate some advice on choosing my majors, i intend to do a double and like creativity, management, and non-monotonousness jobs. considering this what is the best possible combination for future prospects (which majors will have demand of jobs and be valued and sought after)

Accounting
Business Information Systems
Commercial Law
Econometric s
Economics
Finance
Industrial Relations and HR management
International Business
Management
Marketing
Operations management and descions sciences.

I personally feel marketing and operations managment and descions science will be very enjoyable and fun. but dont seem that "valued" any advice will be helpful

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you like management and like creativity - management and marketing might be for you.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Believe it or not, accounting might suits you well. Management accounting will challenge you to come up with ideas to manage of sorts of things (budget, costs, risks...etc) Creative accounting is always an area in demand :p.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I had a tutor for accounting who asked the tutorial on the last tute whether accounting was a science or an art. Yes, due to those 'creative' measures - it seems it is more an artform instead of an absolute science.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a tutor for accounting who asked the tutorial on the last tute whether accounting was a science or an art. Yes, due to those 'creative' measures - it seems it is more an artform instead of an absolute science.
Definitely not a science. Also not an art. It's kindof like law- it requires you to interpret standards and apply them, but then on the other hand it requires you to use the conceptual framework and basic principles to determine the 'correct' accounting treatment for something which isn't clearly defined, and to apply the standards/framework in a logical and consistent manner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)