Help deciding on maths tutor for year 10 (1 Viewer)

VSD2020

HSC
I am not doing so well in maths and plan to take 3u and hopefully 4u. I am not sure whether to go to Intuition in Epping or Ngo and Sons. I was browsing through other posts and Ngo and Sons had a much higher reputation. If you know any other tutors that will quickly accelerate and improve me, please share.
Thanks

YouCantMakeMe

HSC
N/A
All of the big-company tutors (including Ngo and Sons, Intuition, Project Academy, Matrix (although wouldn't recommend there), Dr Du etc.) will accelerate and improve you if you put in the effort yourself.

Personally would recommend Dr Du or Project Academy. I have friends who go to both and they've all seem to have pretty good experiences. + Both focus on accelerating you (I think Project offers a Year 10/ 11 acceleration course for 3u. Not sure though).

VSD2020

HSC
All of the big-company tutors (including Ngo and Sons, Intuition, Project Academy, Matrix (although wouldn't recommend there), Dr Du etc.) will accelerate and improve you if you put in the effort yourself.

Personally would recommend Dr Du or Project Academy. I have friends who go to both and they've all seem to have pretty good experiences. + Both focus on accelerating you (I think Project offers a Year 10/ 11 acceleration course for 3u. Not sure though).
Thanks, will definitely look at those. :)

Natural Water

HSC
I think the best for you is a private tutor, since you are not doing so well.

abc1234567890

HSC
N/A
I've been to both Ngo and Sons and Dr Du and I recommend Ngo and Sons for their teaching. Their teaching is very clear, engaging and concise; they cover a range of questions both quickly and thoroughly. The teachers are so funny too so their lessons are memorable. I have found their advice incredibly helpful for me during exams (sometimes during the exam I would recall something funny that the teacher said lol). I think Dr Du is better for those who are already exceptional at maths and want to improve further

Last edited:

Magnoliatient

HSC
I've been to both Ngo and Sons and Dr Du and I recommend Ngo and Sons for their teaching. Their teaching is very clear, engaging and concise; they cover a range of questions both quickly and thoroughly. The teachers are so funny too so their lessons are memorable. I have found their advice incredibly helpful for me during exams (sometimes during the exam I would recall something funny that the teacher said lol). I think Dr Du is better for those who are already exceptional at maths and want to improve further

Although Dr Du is more well-known for the state-rankers/upper end of the academic spectrum, they have different classes which work at different speeds/difficulties (there are now classes that are not accelerated) to cater for a range of different ability levels.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Try Terry Lee or Tipps education

I heard at Terry Lee, the median mark for HSC maths extension 1 or 2 (forgot which one) is in the low 90s (92, 93 or 94) and usually they get state rankers in the HSC one of which was Terry lee's son

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)