Help! Didn't do bridging course! (1 Viewer)

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Hey, I'm starting B Laws/ B Med Science this year, and I forgot to apply for that damn Chemistry bridging course , I know for the first year i'll be doing chemistry 1C and 2C..so... :confused:

1. Does it matter much that I don't know that much chemistry when I start Med Science and will I fall behind?

2. What do they teach you in those bridging courses and what is required to know before I start?

3. How far in is the chemistry when the semester begins? Like do they start from basics? or fairly advanced level?

4. I bought chemistry study guides out of desperation, is it possible to cram b4 starting uni or at least till a few weeks into uni?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
well i just got back home from the chemistry bridging course part 1 and its really nothing u cant learn on your own

but then again i have another week to go - but yeah do some reading up on chemistry before u start med sci just so u know what ur getting urself involved in

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
azn_spirit said:
Hey, I'm starting B Laws/ B Med Science this year, and I forgot to apply for that damn Chemistry bridging course , I know for the first year i'll be doing chemistry 1C and 2C..so... :confused:

1. Does it matter much that I don't know that much chemistry when I start Med Science and will I fall behind?

2. What do they teach you in those bridging courses and what is required to know before I start?

3. How far in is the chemistry when the semester begins? Like do they start from basics? or fairly advanced level?

4. I bought chemistry study guides out of desperation, is it possible to cram b4 starting uni or at least till a few weeks into uni?

1. no you won't fall behind TOO much. first semester chemistry is relatively simple to learn and stuff. medical science and chemistry 1c are different subjects. hope you picked up on that. in med. sci, you don't need to know much chemistry anyway. its more like a biology subject

2. those bridging courses are a quick 2 week thing to teach you what you need to know to get pass the basics. you don't need to know anything to start.

3. basic.

4. don't worry about crap like that. you'll learn on your way in semester one.

@josiekiller: week 1 is the easiest. week 2 you will meet more challenging moles/molarity crap.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i called mine the god project- trying to recreate the molecules that god would have

apparently he isnt carbon based !!!!!!!!!11

潘安

HSC
I was in the same situation as you are, except I couldn't be bothered doing a bridging course rather than forgetting to apply, and I have never done any chemistry before. Chemistry 1C and 2C is pretty easy, actually.

When I did 1C, they started with "revision" of high school chemistry which is fairly easy to get the hang of. The laboratory sessions are a breeze as well, as they spoonfeed you. A friend who did chemistry in high school said the whole of 1C is high school work.

2C is actually more fun than 1C, as you'll be doing basic carbon chemistry. Most people like it because it's so easy to get the hang of. You'll do most of the laboratory sessions in groups, so that's a plus.

Both are pretty interesting and enjoyable, which makes me wish I had taken up chemistry in high school even though these two subjects do not require you to have done chemistry.

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Hah, easy for you to say...god I was so caught up with Law I fell behind so badly in Chem! ^_^...just had my chem exam and whoa...not good...and yeah I know what you mean the rest of the Med Sci Law guys get it so easily coz they haven't done if before. Anyways I think I passed so ...haha..no more help needed ^_^ :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
After chem 1 and 2 last year, I found that though the content wasn't too difficult, the course really helped "ease people into chemistry". I too said that I could have learned it myself with just the materials, but going to the course FORCED me to do so. If I'd bought the books and not attended I would have probably read the notes and not done the problems - the PROBLEMS that earned my high credits (only two marks away damnit).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)