Help! Drop Economics For Cafs?? (1 Viewer)

jazzbaby

HSC
ok so my subjects are:
2 u math
bus studies
legal
economics
IPT
eng adv

ive had 3 lessons of economics
and i find myself LOST..and literally falling asleep
the only subject i can change it to is community and family studies

should i???

coz ive heard CAFS has shit scaling but i intend to drop it after yr 11

i need to give in my subject change form on monday

so ur help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated

x

F-O-B

HSC
Well if you know your going to drop it for sure, then i'd say pick cafs, so you can spend more time on ur other subjects...but otherwise yeah i've heard cafs scales crap too...but you get to take one of those random electric baby things home..lol that would rock!

jazzbaby

HSC
yeah thats the thing
we are allowed to drop one after grade 11 right?

economics is srsly like wtf

F-O-B

HSC
Yeah you can chose to drop anything in year 12, except eng ofcourse..so long as you have 10 min subjects. I'm in the same situation, i just recently changed subjects, see im doing maths ext1, all the sciences, eng adv etc so i picked art instead of eco, or society n culture. (im like sucky mc suck suck at art btw)..I picked an easy subject seeing as how im gonna drop it anyway.

anyways good luck with it.

jazzbaby

HSC
oh ok
thanks for the help

yeah good luck 2 u as well

Conspirocy

HSC
I'd stick it out in economics for prelim if you know you're going to drop it, it's only 3 lessons...it's a much better subject and has very good scaling...compared to your other subjects its probably one of your top scaling subjects too.

jazzbaby

HSC
but it seems sooo hard >.< like im 100% sure i would drop it in yr 12 as well..so its just a matter of filling up a subject...does scaling affect yr 11 or something..? this stuff is confusing as!

TunaFish

HSC
I'm doing Economics at the moment too. But I do't find it all that confusing.
It's not at all because I'm talented at the subject, but we have a pretty amazing teacher.
Mabe you should look through some Eco Prelim notes on BoS, then decide whether it's too complicated or not.

Your teacher could have a lot to do with your confusion.

dpospination

HSC
is ny way taht u can talk to your economice teacher about it first?

jazzbaby

HSC
well like i didnt do commerce in year 10
so like i dont know what the teacher is on about
and i have the same teacher for business studies..but dont really like her lol

but does choosin cafs affect my uai.. if i only keep it for grade 11???

F-O-B

HSC
lol no it wont affect ur hsc. non of ur marks in prelim count for anything in year 12. and scaling doesnt come into question, it all starts afresh in yr 12..
i asked my bro btw..who recently did the hsc.

jazzbaby

HSC
oh ok
lol

but i have decided to choose cafs for prelim year
and then drop it

lol

miiz laura

HSC
HI... CAFS is really good. i am currently in yr 12 and had an information night last night

scaling dosnt matter cause it changes every year depending on how many people in the course at ur skool and how well ur class does. the scaling does not change ur mark very much only if ur class does really bad..

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i would probably hang in there for a little longer and see how it goes.

last year i was dead set gonna drop chem, i hated it, didnt understand it, etc

but this its much more interesting and i understand it + like it. i'm so glad i held on and gave it a second chance.

just see how it goes. . . wait for your half yearly results to come in, then decide.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I'm doing Economics and it's not so hard in comparison to my other subjects. I'd recommend you talk to your year advisor or principal about this. They would give you the best advice. But I believe you should keep persevering and trying your best.

michael1990

HSC
Economics is the bomb dizzle

why would you want to drop it?

Prelim is so much easier than HSC course

and + Prelim was all theory not really much to relate to but the HSC Course is so much better

leoyh

mic`
HSC
bro, economics is like the best subject seriously. all you have to do is apply a bit of logic to it, have a bit of the business brain and think about whats on the paper in a real life scenario (like supply and demand) and it will make sense easily. its cause in a way, we are experiencing economics everyday, which makes it easier. but if you really don't understand it, then yeah i guess drop it.

prelim economics a lot of people said was hard. first two topics of hsc economics is like globalisation and then topic 3 you revisit all that year 11 stuff. but really, it aint hard. and doing eco makes you feel so much more aware of whats going on around you in terms of politics etc.

economics is the best. so glad i picked it. i was told it was the hardest of hte 3 social sciences when i was in year 10, and it probably is. that deterred me from picking it, but man, i'm so glad i did. its the best

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)