HELP enrolling into units USYD COM/LAW (1 Viewer)

Nezuko----

HSC
Hi! So I enrolled into a bachelors of Commerce and bachelors of Law. However, I am having trouble with the overall unit selection.
- I aim to major in banking/finance.
- I cannot pick majors for law, the units are basically set in stone for the first couple years (flexible with semesters)

Questions:
1) What is the recommended amount of Credit Points I complete per semester (I am aiming for 24CP per semester - heard its the standard)
2) What should a first year timetable (sem 1 and 2) look like - for B Com/Law - given that I aim for 24 CP/semester and want to major in banking/finance for Com.
3) I am required to do 12 CP of OLE, when should I add them? Any recommendations :) is 3x 2CP OLE in one semester too much?! (Currently I have that, cause I found those units interesting)

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Anaya R

HSC
I can't give answers specific to comm/law since I do education, but to answer your questions:
1. 24 is standard amount, around 4 ×6cp units. This would mean you graduate within the set time frame of the degree. Dropping down units would mean it goes for longer.
2. I can't say specifically for comm/law, but uni tends to be more flexible. You'll have a variety of options, where generally the lectures will precede the relevant tutorial/lab. So you can choose to spread out or cluster your classes as you please.
3. The OLEs should be an allocated elective slot in the course planner (you may have gotten one which tells what units to do when). I don't know OLEs specifically, but one that may be beneficial is to do a country experience OLE in the winter/summer break, since it will allow you to travel and it takes 6 out of the 12cp of OLEs you have to do. Otherwise, use the handbook to help choose the OLEs based on your interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)