• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help - for GP one member wont even turn up (1 Viewer)

niteshade1312

HSC
if you are so willing to do things, my best advice is to write a script or work on something with those willing and then feed the useless ones through the process. And because they didn't help out they can't complain about it.

Thats what i always say. if you complain about something give your own input for changes.

kristie87

HSC
Yeh, well that's what iv spent the past week doing. My input is now out there, it's up to them to make a decision now.

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This time of the year is the most important for getting your act together for GP's.
But yeah, selfish moo cows like that chick are a royal pain in the ass!
I have one of those in my group too, however my group isnt made up of 3, its made up of 4.
This chick always says she's at the doctors or that she has something very urgent to do on these days and never shows up at all...
Now what pisses me right off is that I recently broke my big toe and had to have an operation to realign the bones...(happened in drama btw lol), i was on crutches for 2 months and had two metal wires in my toe and coming out of it on either side like an antenna!
I struggles everyday to make it to school to get as much work done as i could especially in drama..which i thought was my best subject, but im now falling behind due to this bitch's incapacity to grow a conscience. One day i was at a servo and i spotted her with a car full of friends buying smokes. I said hello and politely asked if she would be in drama the next day, she's like Oh yeah definately, we really need to get up to date!! Next day.. ermm where's Sam??
so im like lets ring her, she rings me when im late.. so nobody thinks its a good idea to ring her but me.. which is so bizarre considering she had no good reason for being absent. The next time she shows up to class there's only 3 of us anyway because one of our members is the school captain so she was away doing duty stuff.. Sam just lies on the floor and falls asleep saying how she went out to newwi the night before and got so wasted, and that she cant possibly work today because she's sooo tired... GGRRRRR :chainsaw:
Then finally the day i get the wires out of my toe, (ive gave the whole class like 2 weeks notice lol) and Sam's apparently inclass...she was sitting there the whole class time bitching about why i wasnt there and why i couldnt have just came straight after my wires were out and why im never there when she is and this crap..The fact is, she's NEVER there so ofcourse im never there when she is, and out of all my members, the whole 2 months of me being on crutches and coming to school with 2 wires in my foot everyday, I was the only one who didnt have any absenses.. :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetXinsanity

HSC
Solution

Anyways as i was saying milleniums ago, with the non-turning up member dude thingy...
All you need to do is go on with your blocking, but build it to suit the number of people that are there that day..EG if you originally have 4 in your group but only 3 keep turning up, to save from having to refresh the 4th persons memory each time they decide to grace you all with their prescence, make the scenes around you 3. Then when finally like an hour before the performance or when ever the 4th decides to pull their head out of their ass, tell them that they will have to watch the scenes as an outside spectator then try to individually fit themselves into your work without disrupting you guys.

Thats what my group is trying to do now.. but we still have alot of work ahead of us :)
GOOD LUCK Doodes!!! :cool:

niteshade1312

HSC
I actually dont think that will work, because then it will show up the other 3 people and let that one person slip behind even though it was their fault in the beginning (which will ultimately let your group down as well).

If I had someone in my group like that (constantly missing lessons, thankfully I don't), I would work them into the piece, but give them a guilt treatment (and a smaller role), well that's just me, all the same. No matter how little work those people will do or comprimise to do, ultimately IT IS a group project and you have to work as a group. You can't plot against each other because it will show in ther performance. Soon enough those people will realise that they are messing everyone around them up and hopefully will feel guilt all on their own for not helping or doing something.

In my class (we have 8) and each time someone is away from either of the two groups, they ahve to ring the class and if they don't they automatically get filthies from the whole the class.

sweetXinsanity

HSC
That is a very logical solution, but this chick is extremely tough..so we have no choice..
we have 7 in our class..but we al still get on very well even though there have been a few spats between certain students.....she better come round to her senses...
toodles, going for dinner, my belly has been talking to me for long enough :uhhuh:

kristie87

HSC
In my class it just seems to bring out laziness, uncooperativeness, bitchiness, and immaturity.

Hey, niteshade, i got a question. What do you interpret a 'stylised performance' to mean?

niteshade1312

HSC
'stylised'.. do you mean a performance using a particular style? (Brecht, Theatre of Cruelty, Theatre of Absurd, Naturalism..?).. what's teh context of that phrase?

kristie87

HSC
Well, im not exactly sure what it means myself, because it could mean several things, but the context of the phrase was:
"Don't forget that we're creating a stylised performance and not a play..."

niteshade1312

HSC
maybe they mean, perform a piece rather than trying to create and entire play. Focus on certain aspects of a piece rather than trying to encompass everything. What was this comment in reference to?

kristie87

HSC
In reference to a scripting session we'd had for our GP. And that was the comment the teacher passed.

niteshade1312

HSC
I think maybe your teacher was telling you that what you have is too long and to complex for a 8- 12 minute piece. I think they were telling you, "don't go elaborate and get to the point.." What are you doing? And maybe then i can be a little more specific

kristie87

HSC
Well, we don't exactly know at the moment because we scrapped that idea because noone was really getting it anyways...so i suppose it doesn't really matter now...
I just thought 'stylised' performance was about the way the performance had to look onstage or something, like a certain type of movement or something.

kristie87

HSC
Well, we're having a meeting about it today (finally) i've been trying all hols to get one of those, but it took a teacher to instigate seeing as one person completely ignored all my attempts to do so.

So, i guess we'll have to see what comes out of today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)