help for law (1 Viewer)

Raven

i like to ask questions
HSC
N/A
Hi all!

Just wondering if anybody doing law knows how to find the 'long title' for a legislation/act ( Commonwealth )

thanks, much appreciated

=)

Angel45

HSC
Heya,

If you wanted to search 4 the act in austlii it should enable you to see the long title... it should give u a link to click on when it gives u the table of provisions..

the long title will prolly read something along the lines of: an Act relating to ...OR an act to make provision in relation to...

Last edited:
L

LaraB

if you're doing a law degree at uws im assuming you have the Anita Stumhcke book - if u do, have a look in there coz it gives examples and what it means and how to find it.

If you're not, its wort having a look in the library for a copy :) coz it tells you all you need to know about legal research:)

L

LaraB

natstar said:
Is this for the small assignment they gave you at the start of semester, which has a list of questions, and you have to get a satisfactory grade to pass the unit? If so, i did this last year. i think the purpose of this assignment is to see if you know how to research.
if that's the case... please don't ask people how to find the stuff

that's the whole idea behind research assignments - we had one like that in intro to law - if you ask other people to tell you where to find stuff, that's technically plagiarism since part of those kinda assignments is to show if you know how to research

so yeah.. we don't wanna get in trouble for any plagiaris and i'm sure neither do you:)

L

LaraB

hey, if this is for intro to bus law,

don't you do classes on research?

coz we had an assignment similar to yours for intro to law and we had a series of library research classes that taught you how to find stuff?

if you do -all the info's there

if you don't - go find a copy of Anita Stumhcke's Legal referencing book - is a little blue book - its actuallymainly about how to reference but in the process, it tells you where to find the stuff that you'll be refereing and what it's used for so all the info's in there:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)