Help for sor (1 Viewer)

hyperr

HSC
Hi I'm doing a preliminary course of 1 unit Studies of Religion in Year 10, because it is required for the top English students at my school. I've been struggling a lot in this course because there is a lot of criteria to remember, it's pretty new for me, I have no knowledge of this course and my teacher teaches us like a university lecturer, so it's kind of hard to understand what he is talking about. I really need help, so does anyone have any advice or notes? It would help a lot, thanks. :)

ciaobella17

HSC
The best advice for SOR is to read a get a hold on the syllabus. Once you understand the syllabus then you can get rid of all of the extra information teachers yap about but will never assess you on. You can find the syllabus on the Board of Studies website. Read through your textbook and class notes and make up some of your own revision notes under the dotpoints of the syllabus-these are the only things they can assess you on. Find a format that works for you. SOR is an easy course, and a fairly concise one if you break it down and get rid of all the extra stuff. If you need help with formatting, there are a number of HSC study notes in the resources section. Using someone else's notes won't necessarily help you, as they are made specifically by the person and some things can be a)by passed b) abbreviated or c) written in in different contexts. Make your own, it's great practice for senior school and you will understand the course in the best way possible for you. Also, if you're struggling with it, dedicate some extra time to it. An hour or so on the weekends or one night a week for pure SOR study (including making summary notes of the course)
This is just what works for me, hope it may help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)