HELP for Subject Selections (1 Viewer)

hellohowslife

HSC
Hey guys, so I'm in year 10 and next week I have to choose my subjects and I was wondering if there are a good combination:

Advanced English
Advanced Maths
Economics
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Biology

Is doing all 3 commerce subjects too difficult? Also is doing bio and legal too much memorising? If so, can ya'll tell me other subjects I should do besides some of the ones I chose?

Thanks!

(Also I wanted to do extension maths but my test scores are too low to be considered)

DemonDavis_

HSC
Personally, I would do another math-based subject instead of a humanity but the subjects you've chosen are good provided you stay on top of the workload. There's a lot less memorising involved if you just stay on top of it

edwinp43

HSC
Uni Grad
The English and Mathematics HSC courses tend to scale roughly around the same area unless you hit above the 90 mark in those subjects. Business studies is A LOT of rote learning, and the reports are a new language compared to traditional essays <year 10 so make sure you have time to study this (it isn't really a laid back subject: theory and concepts are easy to understand - but to present them is another story). I would also suggest choosing at least 1 less-intensive subject choice so you won't go crazy... maybe Music, CAFS, PDHPE, Hospitality, D&T Multimedia, Senior Science (investigating science I believe is the new 'alternative'), or as forementioned, the choice to step down a notch from the high-end English and Mathematics subjects you have suggested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)