Help for the 2004 people (1 Viewer)

Mike85

Hey there!,

Well, I have lots and lots of notes/essays that i wrote in preparation for the HSC exam (I did every past question, painful though it was) and I guess it'd be a waste just to delete them. My topics were:

Continuity and change - Japan

Equality and Difference

Popular Culture - Television

I'd be happy to forward them to people who want them, or discuss things with them. For pop culture I did a 13 page case study that was all I needed - it's great for studying for exams. Also, my PIP was on role models (which I'll try to find and send to survivor), and if anyone would like to bounce ideas off me I'd be more than happy to. Thing is, I prefer doing those things over MSN rather than emails as it's easier to get my ideas together, so add me to your list if you want to do that type of thing:
danger_mouse30@hotmail.com
Here's a taste of what I did:

With reference to a country you have studied, evaluate how your chosen theory of social change helps you to understand ONE feature of continuity and ONE feature of change in that country

Rostows Theory demonstrates how economic development is linked to and often drives social change. It is comprised of a five stage model, with changes taking place in traditional society (preconditions for take-off, take-off, drive to maturity) which eventually leads to a high mass consumption society. These changes have occurred in Japan due to population and economic pressures, as well as foreign influence (beginning with Perry in 1853). This has led to Japan evolving from a gemeinschaft society into a gesellschaft society due to modernization and industrialization, and assists me in understanding continuity and change in relation to education within the country.

Clarify how globalization challenges values in that country.

Globalisation challenges traditional values within Japanese society as it promotes conflicting western ideals. Whilst in Tokugawa Japan great emphasis was placed on Confucian cultural values, which taught acceptance and harmony in social behaviour, this is being undermined by globalisation. The value of tradition, obedience and the patriarchal family structure is being challenged as more Japanese are being exposed to western structures, beliefs and values, which ultimately leads to self centred individualism arising. Women are gaining increased power as a result of engaging in the workforce and becoming economically independent, and youth are becoming increasingly attracted to western styles of music, clothing and food. The concept of saving face is being undermined as a result of globalisation, with individuals rejecting traditional beliefs and structures within Japan to become a part of the global community.

Analyse how globalisation, access and ideology influence EITHER continuity, OR change in the consumption, of ONE popular culture.

Globalisation, access and ideology have all influenced change in the consumption of television as a popular culture. Television has evolved from its humble beginnings of being broadcasted on a micro-national scale from the BBC studios in 1936, however over time it has developed and changed into a leading form of entertainment and significant popular culture, characterized by high consumption levels. This has been a result of the shrinking of the world into a global community, whereby forms of consumption, consumerism and leisure are similar, leading to increased access and heightened levels of consumption due to the perpetuation of televisions ideology.

Anyhoo, hope I can help people. I prefer not sending my notes to
the site (just personal reasons, and I like to know I'm sending to trustworthy people who don't plagarise, as it's slack to other people who work hard for their ranks).

Talk to you soon!

Last edited:

young_gurl

ahh seeing as im cleaning out all my SAC stuff on my computer shame to put it to waste...

clueless6262

Hey everyone, Im doin Skateboarding for my pop culture and Japan for continuity and change. Also, im doin Buddhism for Belief systems. Anyone who has any notes at all on these it would be much appreciated. My email if u want is caitlinsimpson@hotmail.com Thanks!

shell_bell86

Hey society n culture people....
is any body doing India for change & continuity?
and has any body done much work on their PIPs?

hotmizzie

India cont. n change.

Shell Bell,
ive been doing India for cont. and change.... its been quite hard

Anyone got any notes would be heaps helpful!

thanks

shell_bell86

hotmizzie i havent got any notes on India at all i believe India is hard due to the fact the my teacher constantly refers to the map to show us where India is....
my exam is on Tuesday so ill prob have some notes soon (otherwise im screwed pretty much!)
ill post my notes as soon as I make them if u like

hotmizzie

India

Hey Shell Bell,
ive got some notes made on India, we are more concerntrating on womens roles within India
Id be happy to send you some notes......
either add me to msn or contact me via email

Goodluck for your exam

Jessisbored

HSC
*Red_Head*

I'm doing Vietnam! Could you help? Is Vietnam similar to china? coz i did china last year...

devaztasian

help wif s&c notes....

every1 who stil has notes for S&C and dun mind sending, could u please send to devaztasian@hotmail.com or devaztasian@yahoo.com
it would be greatly appreciated as im struggling wif it,lol.
btw,im doing PIP on ethnicity/nationalities/background, as in how ur life changes when u enter high skool-yr7,coz wat u r classifies u as cool bunch or loser bunch nd wateva it may b.so if ppl hav notes on ethnicity/nationality/background culd u plz send them aswel 2 my email above.
Thank You 2 those ppl who do send notes,i will reply bak 2 those ppl who help me thanking them personally.lol. again Thanks!

class of 04

elysek

hey if anyone still has notes from last year, or anyone would like to help who is doing s&c this yr please email me behind_closd_doors@hotmail.com
id like some help please
im doing
continuity and change - vietnam
equality and difference
and belief systems - hinduism
thanks

JUNiOR_4

im doing women in indonesia 4 inequality and difference...vietnam for continuity and change... and feminism for belief systems

shellybelly

hey all. I'm doing vietnam for cont + change and my notes for it are shocking!! i've been trying to find different resources for the last coupla weeks and i'm stuck. If anyone knows where i can get some good stuff or has any notes that they wouldn't mind sharing - please email me - shshell@hotmail.com

thanx a bunch

littlebear1107

HSC
If you go to the S&C resources someone called LVB has posted two things on Vietnam/ continuity and change. Also, the textbooks for society and culture do vietnam, and should provide you with all your information for the topic (which is more then i can say for bloody South Africa)!

Brookie7

HSC
hello... im doing vietnam for cont and change, and rock 'n' roll for pop culture. i would really really really appriciate any note anyone may have, my email is more2__life@hotmail.com
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)