Help guys! Stay at UNSW Eco or transfer (1 Viewer)

swagster0906

HSC
Hey guys, need a bit of advice. So in short, completed hsc in 2016, missed out on UNSW commerce by a bit so enrolled in eco. Problem is- i ended up failing an accounting subject in sem 1 (lazy, didn't end up studying, focused on working 2-3 jobs instead of focusing on uni) so because of that i've ended up with an overall WAM of 62 which is below a credit average. I'm doing well in my commerce electives (getting mid-high credits and distinctions for them) but doing absolutely crap in my eco cores (pass marks in the 50s.)

I've completed less than the full time load, so my qu is- is it better to transfer and study commerce at Mq or UTS, or stick with it at UNSW and try increasing my marks.

I've made a pro and con list and the main adv. of transferring is resetting WAM and starting with a fresh academic transcript, and doing my desired course of commerce.

Disadvantage- leaving UNSW (friends, social life etc. and i've been involved in a few societies at exec positions and case comps for next year which i'll have to quit/leave)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How long would it take you to travel to MQ or UTS vs UNSW?

swagster0906

HSC
Mq probably same time as UNSW (an hr), UTS slightly less-about 40mins

baktiar77

HSC
Try to IPT and stay in UNSW. They aren't exactly that strict with 65 all the time. I know it's too late now, but just do the commerce units that you want to in sem1, and transfer. More than likely if you're dropping the eco component of your degree, that most of courses won't count other than those that are required by comm degree (econ1101? i think).

Plus transferring to UTS or elsewhere would be a pain. Some of the credit transfer won't be smooth sailing and I know I spent a couple of hours helping a mate transfer from Macquaire to UNSW as some of subjects are so different and their course outlines are pain to go through and prove simialrity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)